Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
Anyone else feel the animated transitions on iOS7 are a touch too slow? I find myself often wanting to tap things before the animation is done and it just feels like I'm waiting too much.

I don't experience this with iOS6. Not sure if placebo or real difference.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
You would probably get an option of speed on the settings menu on the next updates (just like the text size)

Personally it doesn't bother me.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
You would probably get an option of speed on the settings menu on the next updates (just like the text size)

Personally it doesn't bother me.

It wouldn't bother me if the animations didn't cancel touches. After I unlock my phone I have to tap apps multiple times because the animation is canceling the taps. This isn't really a bug I don't think, animations have always canceled taps it's just that they were never this long before.

Every beta has gradually improved the animation speed so I would except by the time we reach the GM, they will be much quicker.

I'm pretty hesitant to agree to that, I saw improvement from 1 to 2 but not from 2 to 3. It's impossible to make an animation as fast as having no animation so no matter what we are going to be slowed down from previous OS's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.