PDA

View Full Version : Can two AirPlay speakers be paired to a single Apple device at once?

IGregory
Jul 28, 2013, 08:09 PM
I couldn't fine the answer in a search. My question is can two airplay speakers be paired to a single Apple device at once? I just ordered two Klipsch G-17 Airplay speakers. Curious if I can play both at the same. If not, is there a work-around solution?

Macman45
Aug 1, 2013, 12:04 PM
Only by using an Airport Extreme and a splitter, meaning cables....The options for airplay will only allow one at a time.

swordfish5736
Aug 1, 2013, 01:49 PM
Both will connect to your wifi. iTunes can stream to multiple speakers at once but I don't think iOS devices can.

dangercove
Sep 11, 2013, 02:54 AM
From what I can see on the Klipsch G-17 website, these speakers have AirPlay built-in and no splitters or cables should be required. Just hook them up to your network and select them in iTunes.

Since Mountain Lion you can select AirPlay devices as your default output. However, this is limited to one speaker. If you want to connect to multiple AirPlay devices from your Mac directly, Porthole (http://getporthole.com) will help you out.