PDA

View Full Version : Rattling noise @ Macbook Air 13" mid 2013?

makerbot
Jul 29, 2013, 01:37 AM
i just got my MBA delivered and noticed this rattling noise when moving around with it. I was able to determine a specific setup in which the noise can be reproduced infinitely often (on the uneven surface of my couch):

click to view the rattling case noise video (https://www.dropbox.com/s/xa7l0thlwfgs1fz/2013-07-28%2019.42.02.mp4)

WTF is this? anyone else having this experience? i am not willing to accept this..

kodeman53
Jul 29, 2013, 04:56 AM
i am not willing to accept this..

Then return it.

Mr Rabbit
Jul 29, 2013, 08:52 AM
I've only run into one new MacBook Air, out of 12 I've rolled out at work over the past month or so, that made any sort of physical noise, a click when you push on the right palm rest. With that said I don't make it a habit to wobble them back and forth quickly to check for creaks and rattles in the casing ;)

Yours more than likely has a defect, shouldn't be a problem to replace it since it's brand new.

Bought it from Apple? Take it by an Apple retail store to swap it out or call 1-800-676-2775 to arrange for an exchange. The one I mentioned above was swapped out after work one day last week, maybe an extra 45 minutes to my day.

Bought it from a reseller? Call them up and ask to return/exchange it. Most resellers will have at least a 10 day exchange period.

luisito
Jul 29, 2013, 10:45 AM
WTF is this?

It is due to the small tolerances that Apple Engineers have designed to keep everything so slim.. obviously, something went wrong with yours during the manufacturing process.

However, this is something that will not affect your computer life or any other components in any way.

When I use my computer, I never shake it, so if I had your problem it wouldn't bother me at all.

It is on your sole decision to swap it if you are within 30 days of purchase, or refund if you are within 14 days of purchase.