Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SidStream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
I'm hoping to use the new app transferrig feature to transfer apps from our current developer's account over to our own one, as we are changing suppliers at the end of August.

However, the 6 apps we will be transferring are on the newsstand and as such have auto renewing subscriptions, which from what I understand excludes them from eligibility to the transfer process.

That being said, I have come up with a possible work around which I may just have enough time to put into place - assuming it would work, hence my need for some guidance and confirmation.

Although the apps are currently live and on the app store with subscriptions in place my idea is to have them resubmitted and approved without any subscriptions, so that when live, and without the feature that makes them inelibigle, we can put them through the transfer process.

So my question is basically as follows: If an app has been reapproved without subscriptions, even though it previously did have them, and there will be people who have said previous version of the app on their devices with auto renewable subscriptions still in place, could they be transferred since in their present state they do not have subscriptions?

OR if anyone else has come up with a work around I would appreciate it, my priority is firstly to retain the names of the apps as I would like to resubmit the new versions with the names currently being used. Secondary to this, it would be nice to retain the customers that have already downloaded the previous versions.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any advice on the matter as time's a ticking on this and I want to get the ball rolling asap!

Cheers
Sid

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.