Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Just another example of M$ stealing other people's ideas...it'll probably all end up with M$ giving the cellphone makers a few million $$ and proceding to monopolize the mobile phone industry...;)

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Same thing they did to Novell..

... stole their NFP code and made it into Windows for Workgroups to steal their customers while pretending to be interested in a merger. Unquestionably a rip-off, blatantly unfair, ethically indefensible.

Someday we will rub the feces of their own behavior in Gates' and Ballmer's faces. Until then, we must bide our time.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Seeing as Apple and NeXT are 1 company, why don't apple start a class action law suit against microsoft with ALL companies they've ever plagiarised ideas from ?

I'm sure IBM, Apple, Novell and Sun would have enough captial and enough 'prior art' to make it work. They'd all get a cut of windows sales and a massive compensation payout for lost earnings :D

Of course we don't live in fair world and this could never happen but it would be cool if it did. I can't see microsoft lying and threatening their way through so many lawsuits without them ending up seriously out of pocket to the sum of billions in damages eventually.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by barkmonster
Seeing as Apple and NeXT are 1 company, why don't apple start a class action law suit against microsoft with ALL companies they've ever plagiarised ideas from ?

I'm sure IBM, Apple, Novell and Sun would have enough captial and enough 'prior art' to make it work. They'd all get a cut of windows sales and a massive compensation payout for lost earnings :D

Of course we don't live in fair world and this could never happen but it would be cool if it did. I can't see microsoft lying and threatening their way through so many lawsuits without them ending up seriously out of pocket to the sum of billions in damages eventually.

something tells me that even such a huge class action suit would still leave MS on top ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.