Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
In snow leopard, you could set your trackpad to "right click" by either tapping the trackpad lightly with two fingers, or clicking the bottom right corner of the trackpad.

In mountain lion, it seems like you can only choose one of the options, but not both. I did a little searching and found this terminal command for lion to enable both, but not sure this works in mountain lion or how to reverse it if something goes wrong. Does anyone know how to get both right clicking methods working at the same time?

defaults -currentHost write -g com.apple.trackpad.enableSecondaryClick -bool YES

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
How do I find that file in finder?

I'm too used to the windows world, where terminal commands start out with c:\..... and gives the full address.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
How do I find that file in finder?

I'm too used to the windows world, where terminal commands start out with c:\..... and gives the full address.

Your not on Windows when using a Mac! :rolleyes:

This is a /Applications/Utilities/Terminal command. You can open Terminal and use the same command string vistadude said (copy and paste the command):
Code:
defaults -currentHost write -g com.apple.trackpad.enableSecondaryClick -bool YES

So just copy/paste this command in Terminal and it will stick.

Last edited:

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I did a little searching and found this terminal command for lion to enable both, but not sure this works in mountain lion or how to reverse it if something goes wrong.

Code:
# Read the current value of the parameter, if any.
defaults -currentHost read -g com.apple.trackpad.enableSecondaryClick

# Write a new value

# Delete the parameter altogether
For most purposes, -currentHost isn't usually necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.