Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exynos-octa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
My first experience was, I was shocked to find it had the genres I listen to.

But it was taking a long time to load, then it froze so I never got a chance to listen.

The trend now is people aren't holding music on their devices, rather just listening to it from the cloud. I deleted all the music from my music app.

Saved me 6GB just about.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I'm a fan.

My experience is that the stations are much more accurate and varied than Pandora. Also, I'm a Match subscriber, so it is commercial-free for me.

kowen14

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
Is it actually working commercial free now? I was gonna get match but waiting to see if it was first

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
I love iTunes Radio and I think it will be a hit. Pandora sucks. I prefer Spotify over Pandora but now iTunes Radio I'm sold

exynos-octa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
I'm not sure iTunes radio has the songs I'm looking for. Also the interface of Pandora is better.

You know the Store button always gets in the way, I hit it accidentally and it takes me out of the app.

pottyvick

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2013
In my experience it tends to repeat songs day to day. Especially in the spanish genre. So ill probably use pandora for spanish and itunes radio for english.

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
But guys you still have to keep in mind that iTunes Radio is not fully done. Meaning it's still in beta form

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Oh and in beta 4 of iOS 7 there is two new options to select explicit lyrics and change the music genre from hits, variety or discovery music

----------

Nothing Apple ever does is done.

iTunes Radio is not even officially released so why judge it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.