PDA

View Full Version : Stuck pixel on my 20" iMac (iSight)

milky23
Nov 14, 2005, 09:34 PM
Hey, I just found while watching a DVD that I have a stuck pixel. It is forever blue. Is there any way to fix this? Why do they happen in the first place? Perhaps I can add this to my list of problems so apple will send me a replacement.

Any thoughts?

katie ta achoo
Nov 14, 2005, 09:37 PM
try this. google cache for your clicky goodness (http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:TL_HgrqCFZAJ:www.metafilter.com/mefi/45231+massage+stuck+pixel&hl=en&client=safari)

try to GENTLY massage it out, maybe.

and ONE stuck pixel is not enough for Apple to take it back. IIRC, it's 5 and up?

Capt Underpants
Nov 14, 2005, 09:44 PM
I have a stuck blue pixel too!!! It's only noticeable on a black background, though. Most people would mistake it for a spot of dust. I've tried the massaging method and the quicktime video of flashing colors, but nothing has helped. Best of luck to you, though, and congratulations on your new iMac.

QCassidy352
Nov 14, 2005, 09:48 PM
Sometimes you can fix em (massaging worked on my old ibook G3 and my brother's old imac G4), but sometimes you can't (got a red one on my 20" ACD that nothing will fix). The pixel flasher has never worked for me, but massage can be good.

Good luck, but don't let the pixel spoil your experience if you can't get it out; I usually don't even remember that the red one is there on my ACD, and it never is a problem.