Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Ok, so they won't replace CDs that you crack, but if you bought a DRM protected CD, you can get it replaced. Between that and MS doing the work of hunting down and erasing the software on your HD, you are only mildly worse for the wear. Sony on the other hand, much worse.

Of course, they haven't released their plan, which I expect will entail either getting in a fight with the moron parading as a big-box retail manager (be it target/best buy/etc) or spending $5-10 for shipping it to Sony plus their "shipping and handling" and waiting 4-6 weeks.

Link this way

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
I am so upset and outraged over this issue, but I'm glad something is being done about it. I have my suspicions that my boyfriends pc has been affected by this whole scenario and I'm MAD. However, it is helping me convert him to the Mac world. (Only because since he has used iTunes and loves it...that is just the beginning...) In my experiences with the Sony DRM scheme the Real Player hasn't worked for him, and he loves the interface of iTunes compared to the Real Player. Like I said, just the beginning...

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
Yes, I will say, I will NEVER EVER buy a Sony product because of this. I am sorry, but this feels so underhanded and sneaky. It really makes me SICK to my stomach. It's just not right. I should have access to what I pay for, and no one should prohibit me from doing so. GGGGRRRRR!!!!
*bares fangs and dares anyone to protest

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.