PDA

View Full Version : Samsung sgh-i1719 sync to mac issue

Diogones
Aug 1, 2013, 03:24 AM
Hey all,

So my sister has a Macbook Pro, and for some strange reason decided to go with a Windows phone instead of an iPhone when AT&T offered her a phone upgrade. She decided to go with the Samsung Focus SGH-i1719, and she's regretted it ever since.

First, while the Windows Connector for Mac software is sort of buggy, it did work for a little while when she had pictures and music to sync to the MBP. However, after the most recent updates to the Windows Phone app from the App Store, it is not longer possible to use her phone with the software. The program won't even recognize her device, no matter what kind of cable or USB port is used. The new app version has broken compatibility with her Windows phone. This leads me to my first question: is there any way I can get my hands on either an older version of the Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac or the Windows Phone software that subsequently replaced it? I tried to downgrade to Windows Phone 3.0.0, but that it still too recent, and doesn't have support for her phone.

Second, when she was able to sync the phone to the Mac successfully, the way the Windows program copied the files is somewhat strange. For example, all of her pictures from the phone that were copied off and transferred to the Mac are in iPhoto. Fair enough, but I can't access them. An event in iPhoto was created called "Camera Roll" which contains the camera roll from her phone. Underneath the event, the date range of the pictures and the number of photos are displayed. According to this, there are 219 photos in the Camera Roll event. However, whenever I double-click the event to access the photos, the only ones I see are 8 photos. Where are the rest of them, and how can I get to them? I do see them when I mouse over the event in iPhoto, but that's all.

Any advice on these two matters would be most appreciated! :)