PDA

View Full Version : Imac G5 2.1 - Sluggish Mouse?

derthballs
Nov 15, 2005, 01:34 PM
My new imac is great, apart from one thing, the mighty mouse feels sluggish, double clicking and tracking just feels, well not smooth.

I first thought this might be because ive only got 512mb ram, so ive stuck another 1gb in, which i was going to do anyway, and brought home my wireless MX700 mouse from work which works smooth as butter on my machine at work, but its the same.

Its maybe slightly better than the mighty mouse, but i had heard people raving about it, is the mighty mouse actually just a poor mouse?

Could anyone recommend a nice smooth mouse - as this is annoying me so much im considering returning the mac as a result, in every other respect i love it, but the mouse problem is really taking the shine off it.

Btw: ive tried both with and without mouse mats.

One last thing - do i need to defragment my hard drive, if so, how often and how do i go about it?

Danksi
Nov 15, 2005, 01:54 PM
...Its maybe slightly better than the mighty mouse, but i had heard people raving about it, is the mighty mouse actually just a poor mouse?

I had similar experiences with my included Might Mouse... it was ruining my new Mac experience.

I tried changing the configuration etc - gave it a couple of chances, but I've now changed it for my Logitech Optical Notebook Mouse

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001WA6H4.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Seems to work a lot better. Only control I miss is the Expose side buttons, which were actually tricky to use for me, so I'm now used to F9.

- there's a couple of Threads discussing problems with Might Mice.

derthballs
Nov 15, 2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks for that, i know how you mean ruining the experience, i think ill splash out on the new Logitech lazer G7 mouse, seems a small price to pay for the best experience you can get :)

Danksi
Nov 15, 2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks for that, i know how you mean ruining the experience, i think ill splash out on the new Logitech lazer G7 mouse, seems a small price to pay for the best experience you can get :)

Not sure whether Apple would take the Might Mouse back - would be nice to get a $ credit of some sort. :rolleyes:

tekmoe
Nov 15, 2005, 02:20 PM
i had to set my mighty mouse on my new powermac dual-core to the highest setting. feels pretty good at that setting but it would be nice to bump it up a couple more notches.