PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to add subs on MP4's

DJTaurus
Aug 1, 2013, 02:10 PM
I ONLY want to add soft/hard subs on my mp4s.

I tried iVI and it took me around 1 and a half hour to convert.
Then i tried submerge and it said in the beginning around 3 hours so i quit the process.

Is there any faster way only to add subs (without the grey box in the backgroung)....?

mic j
Aug 1, 2013, 02:16 PM
I ONLY want to add soft/hard subs on my mp4s.

I tried iVI and it took me around 1 and a half hour to convert.
Then i tried submerge and it said in the beginning around 3 hours so i quit the process.

Is there any faster way only to add subs (without the grey box in the backgroung)....?
Download an srt from Subscene and add it to the file using Subler. Takes 5-10m.

DJTaurus
Aug 1, 2013, 03:28 PM
Download an srt from Subscene and add it to the file using Subler. Takes 5-10m.

Ok I DID it but i have other problems.

The movie after the first minutes it turns black... no image... same happens when i try to forward. Sound and subtitles works fine but no image...?

mic j
Aug 1, 2013, 04:01 PM

The movie after the first minutes it turns black... no image... same happens when i try to forward. Sound and subtitles works fine but no image...?
Never encountered anything like that with Subler. What version of Subler are you using? You have watched the original mp4 to make sure it doesn't do the same thing, right? Very weird. Have you tried redoing it? What was the source of the mp4? Handbrake?

DJTaurus
Aug 1, 2013, 04:13 PM
Thats the mp4 movie.

Then i open new file with subler and i drag n drop the movie and the srt file. I hit save file as and the procedure starts.... i noticed when the bar hits 50-60% it goes away as it finished....

Cinephi1e
Aug 1, 2013, 08:11 PM
Did you check the "64 bits chunk offset" when you saved it with Subler? If not try it again with that checked and it should work fine.

Che Castro
Aug 1, 2013, 08:17 PM
Mp4tools

mic j
Aug 1, 2013, 09:04 PM
Did you check the "64 bits chunk offset" when you saved it with Subler? If not try it again with that checked and it should work fine.
Good suggestion!

----------

Mp4tools
Possibly even better suggestion!!!

jahala
Aug 1, 2013, 10:14 PM

I have had Subler corrupt files stored on network drives but never had any problem with local files. Usually, I just open the MP4 with Subler, drag in the SRT file and then save. I also usually add the cover image and metadata with subler so it is in there if I decide to put into a new iTunes library.

DJTaurus
Aug 1, 2013, 11:34 PM

I tried it and happened the same thing.

1)Then i tried 4 new movies with default settings (no 64 chunk) and all of the worked fine. Do i have to always check 64 chunk?) So it seems the problem happens only with this movie...

2) I noticed that with this movie when i drag n drop files the other settings->hd->goes to 1080p... i checked it back to No and same thing happened... blank screen after some minutes of playing.

Che Castro
Aug 2, 2013, 12:22 AM
I use multiple programs sometimes if one does not work with a video
So if mp4tools doesn't work , I use subler or mkvtools
You can use mkvtools for mp4's or Avis

Nermal
Aug 2, 2013, 12:45 AM
1)Then i tried 4 new movies with default settings (no 64 chunk) and all of the worked fine. Do i have to always check 64 chunk?) So it seems the problem happens only with this movie...

64-bit chunk offset is only required for files over 4 GB. It's off by default because older Apple devices aren't compatible with 64-bit files.

priitv8
Aug 2, 2013, 04:03 AM
Subler has corrupted my MP4 files also on attempts to add audio tracks from external aac or ac3 files.

Ritsuka
Aug 2, 2013, 05:25 AM
What program did you use to create those mp4s? If I can reproduce the issue I might be able to fix it.