Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seaburyking95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
Iwas wondering if anyone has a good recording app/software to record an iPad mini screen. The ones I have tried (Record my Screen and DispRecorder) both work, but they either don't show up the full screen, or they stretch the screen so it doesn't look as good.

Is there any recording apps/software that work for the iPad mini specifically like Record My Screen works on the iPhone?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Iwas wondering if anyone has a good recording app/software to record an iPad mini screen. The ones I have tried (Record my Screen and DispRecorder) both work, but they either don't show up the full screen, or they stretch the screen so it doesn't look as good.

Is there any recording apps/software that work for the iPad mini specifically like Record My Screen works on the iPhone?

1, can you JB? If yes, use DisplayRecorder ( http://rpetri.ch/cydia/displayrecorder/ ) - it WILL work.

2, if you can't but can use an external HDMI recorder (using an external recorder and a desktop isn't a problem) - consider purchasing for example the Elgato Game Capture HD. It's isn't that expensive and offers excellent IQ and speed.

I've published tons of articles & tutorials on HDMI output here in the MR forums. If you go the HDMI way, you'll want to read them for the best setup.

3, if you don't have the money for the latter but still can use an external desktop, get Reflector. See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1600620/ for my tutorial. Note that you'll experience frame drops, as opposed to using a hardware HDMI recorder.

Oludon

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2013
How do I jailbreak my ipad 2 iOS 6.1.3

Please anyone out the who can help me. Or is it possible for me to downgrade below 6.1.3. If yes, how? Thanks . I need it so bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.