Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brinycbri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
I noticed when I'm in another program, or running something, or even sometimes the phone is locked, when there is a text message or email I hear the notification sound but no notifications actually come down as a banner. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I noticed when I'm in another program, or running something, or even sometimes the phone is locked, when there is a text message or email I hear the notification sound but no notifications actually come down as a banner. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

known issue since beta 3 I think.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Curious if this was fixed in beta 5 (haven't gotten a chance to experiment enough to see if it might still be an issue or not).

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Curious if this was fixed in beta 5 (haven't gotten a chance to experiment enough to see if it might still be an issue or not).

I had my son send me messages while I was in several apps (including Safari and Real Racing 3, among others). I got the notification every time. So I'm going to say, tentatively, that this bug had been fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.