Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justjax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
I have two Apple iTunes accounts, one for when I'm in the UK and another when I'm in the US. I recently moved all my music over to my laptop from my PC and when I went to back up my phone for the first time on the laptop it wouldn't authorize some of the old purchase that still had the DRM on them from the US account, thats partly a separate issue as these were purchased using a different apple ID (I had to change it a few years back because I lost access to the email address I originally used on that account).

Anyway, to get this resolved I first thought I'd upgrade them but found out you can't do the iTunes+ thing anymore to remove the DRM and you have to use iTunes Match. However, I don't want to pay for iTunes Match for both accounts so the question is, if I purchase iTunes Match for the UK account (which is where the majority of my purchases are), will it match all the files in my iTunes library or will it only pick up music that was purchased on the UK apple ID or non purchased items?

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I was able to do this with my girlfriends account who had old purchases with DRM. I added them to my library, authorized that computer for her account and they matched to my iTunes account. I then downloaded the 256k version DRM free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.