PDA

View Full Version : DR. MAC "At long last, it's safe to grab on to Tiger"

MacBytes
Nov 15, 2005, 07:06 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Mac OS X
Link: DR. MAC "At long last, it's safe to grab on to Tiger" (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20051115200651)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Keynoteuser
Nov 15, 2005, 08:18 PM
Good thing the all knowing Dr. Bob has now blessed Tiger...I was getting a bit worried there for a while ;)

jimsowden
Nov 15, 2005, 08:34 PM
bob levitus is a no talent ass clown.

Seasought
Nov 15, 2005, 08:36 PM

lol

That's harsh. Mind ranting on as to why you hate this guy so much?

Lacero
Nov 15, 2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks to the wisdom of Dr. MAC, I can now safely tell my IT staff to upgrade all our 500 Macs to Tiger, because he says so.

jsw
Nov 15, 2005, 08:49 PM
Just curious, in what way(s) would an ass clown display talent?

dornoforpyros
Nov 15, 2005, 09:26 PM
Bob LeVitus is a leading authority on Mac OS X, the author of 49 computer books including Mac OS X Tiger For Dummies. Visit his Web site at www.boblevitus.com ; e-mail him at doc@boblevitus.com.

Anyone who writes 49 books on one topic is clearly talking out their @$$ and simply do it for the money. Especially if any of those books has "for dummies" in the title. Sounds like he makes his living re-writing computer manuals.

Photorun
Nov 15, 2005, 09:33 PM

Does this mean he could fit more of himself in a VW Bug (old version) than a standard clown?

Apple
Nov 15, 2005, 09:41 PM
Well Im just glad he found Mr Smith and Mr Jones

Nermal
Nov 15, 2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks to the wisdom of Dr. MAC, I can now safely tell my IT staff to upgrade all our 500 Macs to Tiger, because he says so.

Somebody should tell Dr. MAC that it's "Mac", not "MAC" :eek:

p0intblank
Nov 16, 2005, 12:18 AM
Thank God for this update... I have been waiting for his word for months now!

:rolleyes:

winmacguy
Nov 16, 2005, 12:58 AM
Thank God for this update... I have been waiting for his word for months now!

:rolleyes:
Seems some people have been poping their witt pills tonight :p :rolleyes: ;)

redAPPLE
Nov 16, 2005, 04:04 AM
Seems some people have been poping their witt pills tonight :p :rolleyes: ;)

dr. mac's orders :p

Paul O'Keefe
Nov 16, 2005, 06:30 AM
Tiger is definitely not ready or up to snuff on my system (Quicksilver with a sonnet upgrade) yet. I get lots of freezes with spotlight and photoshop... with force quit command keys not even being available for these. I have to kill the app in activity monitor and even then it doesn't work properly all the time.

Panther was much more stable and I can't remember any problems.

macjunkie82
Nov 16, 2005, 12:14 PM
Tiger is definitely not ready or up to snuff on my system (Quicksilver with a sonnet upgrade) yet. I get lots of freezes with spotlight and photoshop... with force quit command keys not even being available for these. I have to kill the app in activity monitor and even then it doesn't work properly all the time.

Panther was much more stable and I can't remember any problems.

Just a thought, but your Tiger problems may be due to your Sonnet upgrade card. I don't know if Sonnet offers firmware updates or whatever, but you might want to check. As far as I know, Apple doesn't officially support processor upgrade cards, so you can't always expect everything to work. Yeah, it would be nice, but I would see this more as Sonnet's responsibility to make a fix, not Apple's.

Just my $0.02... :)

Paul O'Keefe
Nov 16, 2005, 12:20 PM
Just a thought, but your Tiger problems may be due to your Sonnet upgrade card.

I thought about that. The upgrade worked excellent with Panther.

macjunkie82
Nov 16, 2005, 02:03 PM
I thought about that. The upgrade worked excellent with Panther.

Tiger is a lot different than Panther. Does Sonnet offer firmware updates for your card?