Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
On iphone 4 in music app, I have like 140 songs and in "songs" tab, when I scroll through songs, it laggs, like an android. I mean the scroll animation isn't fluid. Is anybody here with an iphone 4 having this problem? And I did a fresh restore to beta 4.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
The problem is not iOS 7, the problem is that you have iOS 7 on an iPhone 4.

This.

I've got 6820 songs on my iPhone 5 (iTunes Match) and mine's pretty much stutter free (it stuttered a little bit when I jumped to the end and scrolled as fast as I could to the bottom) ... I had the iPhone 4, and was thrilled to get the 4S to replace it, because even on iOS 4 or 5 or wherever it shipped with, I thought it was pretty slow.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
On iphone 4 in music app, I have like 140 songs and in "songs" tab, when I scroll through songs, it laggs, like an android. I mean the scroll animation isn't fluid. Is anybody here with an iphone 4 having this problem? And I did a fresh restore to beta 4.

Let's put it this way. The iPhone 4 is like what 3 years old? The hardware is out of date. When iOS 6 came out the iPhone 4 was very sluggish, at least when I had it. It's your phone not the iOS. The more updates the iPhone 4 gets, the more it'll lag. Just imagine if iOS 7 was on the iPhone 3GS.

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
Let's put it this way. The iPhone 4 is like what 3 years old? The hardware is out of date. When iOS 6 came out the iPhone 4 was very sluggish, at least when I had it. It's your phone not the iOS. The more updates the iPhone 4 gets, the more it'll lag. Just imagine if iOS 7 was on the iPhone 3GS.

If anything, the 3GS would probably run it faster because its chip is only a tiny bit slower than the 4's, but it's not having to deal with a Retina display. The 4 has always been jerkier than the 3GS.

Anyway, I'm not trying to undermine your point. I agree that the 4's hardware is the problem in this case. It's just not powerful enough to handle all the fancy graphics of iOS 7.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
If anything, the 3GS would probably run it faster because its chip is only a tiny bit slower than the 4's, but it's not having to deal with a Retina display. The 4 has always been jerkier than the 3GS.

Anyway, I'm not trying to undermine your point. I agree that the 4's hardware is the problem in this case. It's just not powerful enough to handle all the fancy graphics of iOS 7.

Which is why it will not be getting Parallax and Blurred Layers.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Looks like its my turn to point out the obvious .. its a Beta , you will see improvements and code merges till GM which very well may end up with normal operations on all version of the iPhone

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
For god's sake, it's just scrolling, if this is intense graphics...

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Exactly, finally someone understands.

Actually, I think we all understand that scrolling is choppy on the iPhone 4 running iOS7. It's just that we expect it to be, considering that it's a three year old phone which has been passed over performance-wise by two generations of devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.