PDA

View Full Version : Not seeing calendar alerts for past events

haravikk
Aug 3, 2013, 06:17 AM
Okay so before upgrading to Mountain Lion I used to set calendar events to times early in the morning before my computer is usually switched on, so that they will appear when I login.

However, this doesn't seem to work under Mountain Lion; no alert appears, and nothing shows up in Notification Centre (all I see are upcoming events). Is there a way to get Calendar/Notification Centre to show recent Calendar events?

If not, is there some alternative I can use? All I want to do is be able to set repeating reminders such as updating a spreadsheet at the start of each month, check usage statistics on Google Analytics and other stuff I do regularly (but will forget if left to my own devices). Anything I use needs to be able to sync via to any platform as I have an Android phone (and this is partly why I just used my calendar to do this as it's nice and easy).

Currently I've had to shift all these events to a time that I know I'll be logged in so I'll actually see them, but this is inconvenient as I'd rather deal with them straight away, and it doesn't prevent me from missing an alert if miss that time as well.

haravikk
Aug 6, 2013, 09:22 AM
Is there no solution to this? If not, what third party calendars do people use, and do they have the same problem? I'm disappointed all-round with Calendar's support for Google Calendar; I frequently find that calendar events reset when I edit them, forcing me to use the Google Calendar site to make any changes, yet dragging the events around to change the time works fine. Likewise hitting the "Snooze" button on alarms doesn't do anything as the reminder seems to remain exactly as it was.