PDA

View Full Version : The bestbuy deal

Meylis
Aug 3, 2013, 01:27 PM
Hi Everybody!

I am new to the forum and and new to mac; planning to visit US (Rochester, Minnesota) for medical treatment and, in meantime, get a haswell macbook air (the base model).

I just saw a deal at bestbuy website - the base haswell MBA for $999. Does anyone know if they have the same deal in store as well. It's just I won't be having a credit card, I'll be paying with cash. So, I can't buy online. Also, I don't like to wait while they're shipping my laptop 'cuz I'm OCD about it :)

P.S Do you also think they'll have the same deal in a month or is it just a temporary deal for couple of days?

PDXPean
Aug 3, 2013, 01:30 PM
I doubt the deal would last for one month. Likely a few days to a week.

Meylis
Aug 3, 2013, 01:33 PM
I doubt the deal would last for one month. Likely a few days to a week.

hmm... I gotta hurry up with the VISA then .

nay2vp
Aug 3, 2013, 01:34 PM
As far as I know, they will match whatever their online offering is. Just make sure to bring a printout or show them the online price on your smart phone, if you have one.

Meylis
Aug 3, 2013, 01:37 PM
As far as I know, they will match whatever their online offering is. Just make sure to bring a printout or show them the online price on your smart phone, if you have one.

Thanks I will. I'll also show them my student card in case they have a deal for students. It's registered at US college and doesn't have an expiration date :D

PDXPean
Aug 3, 2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks I will. I'll also show them my student card in case they have a deal for students. It's registered at US college and doesn't have an expiration date :D

They do. Another $100 off. $899 for the base model!

Meylis
Aug 3, 2013, 01:50 PM

nice :D :D :D

I hope they are not any different than the ones at apple store.

imjoee
Aug 3, 2013, 01:59 PM

The 13" MacBook Air for 900? WHAT!? New? Does bestbuy carry the MacBook Air with 8GB Ram?

beautifulcoder
Aug 3, 2013, 02:39 PM
The 13" MacBook Air for 900? WHAT!? New? Does bestbuy carry the MacBook Air with 8GB Ram?

They definitely do not. Now I wish I had bought the base model. The 13 inch 8 GB one cost me 1300.

PDXPean
Aug 3, 2013, 02:57 PM

No, just the base i5/128/4 model. If you have a .edu email address, you will be sent a code for another $100 off.

imjoee
Aug 3, 2013, 03:38 PM
They definitely do not. Now I wish I had bought the base model. The 13 inch 8 GB one cost me 1300.

Wow that's crazy! Apples EDU program that base 8GB MBA will cost me 1200

And I'll sell the iTunes card too

----------

No, just the base i5/128/4 model. If you have a .edu email address, you will be sent a code for another $100 off.

Wow, I would totally buy from BB but they dont have 8GB RAM :(