Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
California
I was doing some reading on the history of the iPod and ran across this. It surprised me to say the least.

Who here has an HP iPod?

yIAvDzV.gif

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
I used to have one of these. It was functionally identical to a regular iPod. IIRC they used the HP branding to be sold in retail stores where Apple had no presence at the time (Best Buy, etc).

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
I was doing some reading on the history of the iPod and ran across this. It surprised me to say the least.

Who here has an HP iPod?

Radio Shack used to be a big distributor of these. I never quite understood the idea behind them - I guess Jobs had a soft spot for HP since that was one of his first employers.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
My first iPod was a 20 GB 4G iPod+HP. Loved it, but badly mistreated it and it died a very premature death. :eek: The only differences were the branding on the back plate, and the same in the legal info.

Grizzle

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2013
I have one of the 20gb still sealed in original box and wrap. Any estimates on what it could be worth.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
I have one of the 20gb still sealed in original box and wrap. Any estimates on what it could be worth.
I'm curious. I have one (20gb HP iPod) that's not working and will be looking for repair services online, especially to replace the HD and bring it back to life. I don't need all the colored bells & whistles to enjoy my music from it. I miss its simplicity, to be honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.