PDA

View Full Version : MBA 13"(mid 2013) Owners from India

AlexNapo
Aug 3, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hello,
I am ready to pull the trigger for new Haswell MBA 13" but the issues affecting this new product such as intermittent wifi connectivity and screen goes black are holding my purchase.
I want to know the insight and real experience from the new MBA owners from India.
Do these problems really exist?:confused::eek:

AXs
Aug 3, 2013, 03:18 PM
I dont see how being in India will affect the your laptop's performance, unless maybe if it was a 3G related issue.

Unless of course if you're looking for friends from India to share some issues that are beyond me at this point....:p

Get the air.

mtneer
Aug 3, 2013, 03:23 PM
I dont see how being in India will affect the your laptop's performance, unless maybe if it was a 3G related issue.

Unless of course if you're looking for friends from India to share some issues that are beyond me at this point....:p

Get the air.

Well warranty support, return policies and refunds will be a big consideration in places with no retail Apple presence. Being at the mercy of "authorized" resellers is no fun when you have an issue.

AXs
Aug 3, 2013, 08:50 PM
fair enough, though i'm certain apple warranty is global.

but op clearly asked about issues regarding macbook air, and not services.

sachin234000
Aug 3, 2013, 09:53 PM
Hello,
I am ready to pull the trigger for new Haswell MBA 13" but the issues affecting this new product such as intermittent wifi connectivity and screen goes black are holding my purchase.
I want to know the insight and real experience from the new MBA owners from India.
Do these problems really exist?:confused::eek:

Hi!
I bought my MacBook Air on 11/july/2013 and it's working absolutely fine from day one. No problems whatsoever and the battery life is insane. It's been 25days and the charge cycle is only 14. Yay

Got this under student discount, Rs11,000 off & it's still there. Mine has LG display & looks good after applying profiles.

AlexNapo
Aug 3, 2013, 11:05 PM
Hi!
I bought my MacBook Air on 11/july/2013 and it's working absolutely fine from day one. No problems whatsoever and the battery life is insane. It's been 25days and the charge cycle is only 14. Yay

Got this under student discount, Rs11,000 off & it's still there. Mine has LG display & looks good after applying profiles.

Thanks for your sharing.
Yeah Rs.11000 off is too good and that's why i am in favor of MBA. So then it seems there are no issues in MBAs selling in India.

----------

Well warranty support, return policies and refunds will be a big consideration in places with no retail Apple presence. Being at the mercy of "authorized" resellers is no fun when you have an issue.

Absolutely..!
Here we do not have any refunds and return policies. So one has to buy a thing after a careful consideration. Way to go for those privileges..!:confused:

peanut48
Aug 3, 2013, 11:34 PM
Hi

I just bought mine on Friday evening after waiting for about 3 weeks since the new MBA's with the Haswell processors were not available anywhere in India.

I had done all the research I wanted too and decided to stick to the MBA even though the MBP retina was tempting, I didn't want it.

First thing I did was to apply the update to fix any wi-fi issues. I have the LG screen but I can't make out any difference. Honestly having been a mac user for 8+ years now, I think the MBA is awesome. It's lighter than a dinner plate at the buffet.

I got 12000 off through the student discount. I've never had issues with returns or refunds. But Apple warranty is global for macs.

If you've decided you want it, go for it and hurry before they go out of stock again!

hbksabhi
Aug 4, 2013, 03:36 AM
Hi

I just bought mine on Friday evening after waiting for about 3 weeks since the new MBA's with the Haswell processors were not available anywhere in India.

I had done all the research I wanted too and decided to stick to the MBA even though the MBP retina was tempting, I didn't want it.

First thing I did was to apply the update to fix any wi-fi issues. I have the LG screen but I can't make out any difference. Honestly having been a mac user for 8+ years now, I think the MBA is awesome. It's lighter than a dinner plate at the buffet.

I got 12000 off through the student discount. I've never had issues with returns or refunds. But Apple warranty is global for macs.

If you've decided you want it, go for it and hurry before they go out of stock again!

How did u get 12 k off its 11

peanut48
Aug 4, 2013, 04:45 AM
How did u get 12 k off its 11

All stores in Chennai are offering max. 12k. Check with your stores.

Naughtie
Aug 5, 2013, 07:08 PM
I bought my first Macbook yesterday from Vijya Sales. The Haswell Air wasn't available anywhere in NCR since last 3 weeks. He somehow managed to source this one from someplace. Wanted a 8GB one but the only two options available here is either the base model or one with larger storage at 256GB. Got mine for 63900 which comes out cheaper then US prices.

I am yet to face any issues with mine.

AXs
Aug 6, 2013, 01:45 AM
Are you sure it is the latest model/build? I find it really odd/amazing that you'd get a 256gb 13" Haswell Air for $1000 in India, where electronics are supposedly ridiculously expensive.

Especially with you saying that it wasn't available, and he pulled it out of nowhere.

- Also just checked apple.com/in and another indian tech site - it says your machine supposedly goes for 89,000 rupees (which you got for 63,000 rupees???).

I'm just curious because I have a really big client in India, and I would love to point it out to him because I'm sure he'd love to get one for his son.

Thanks.

Edit: Just checked, and the site offers last year's models. Hope you didn't buy one thinking it was the latest model. good luck.

AlexNapo
Aug 6, 2013, 03:50 AM
Are you sure it is the latest model/build? I find it really odd/amazing that you'd get a 256gb 13" Haswell Air for $1000 in India, where electronics are supposedly ridiculously expensive.

Especially with you saying that it wasn't available, and he pulled it out of nowhere.

- Also just checked apple.com/in and another indian tech site - it says your machine supposedly goes for 89,000 rupees (which you got for 63,000 rupees???).

I'm just curious because I have a really big client in India, and I would love to point it out to him because I'm sure he'd love to get one for his son.

Thanks.

Edit: Just checked, and the site offers last year's models. Hope you didn't buy one thinking it was the latest model. good luck.

@AXs
Let me clarify your doubt, Mr. Naughtie has bought a base model for Rs.63900 which was Rs.11000 off from the original MRP of it. Here this offer is called Back To School though no 100$ iTunes gift card for us.

AXs
Aug 6, 2013, 03:54 AM
ohhh okay. thanks for the clarification.

That's a good discount! better than the one we have here.

So do you need to present some student id to get it? If my friend/client buys it for his son, does he need his son to be there?
Thanks for the pointer buddy.

AlexNapo
Aug 6, 2013, 04:04 AM
ohhh okay. thanks for the clarification.

That's a good discount! better than the one we have here.

So do you need to present some student id to get it? If my friend/client buys it for his son, does he need his son to be there?
Thanks for the pointer buddy.

You welcome.
Yes you have to present the photocopy/scanned image of your student id and one government id proof(Driving license/Voters id/PAN card/Passport..etc) to avail this offer.
No he doesn't need his son to be present there to get this offer. Simply give them the copies and buy :apple:

AXs
Aug 6, 2013, 05:22 AM
Ahhh I see! Thank you very much once again buddy.

Hope you enjoy your Air! Take care, and be safe:D

Naughtie
Aug 7, 2013, 04:36 AM
Hi as the other gentleman explained I got the base model indeed for 63900. Close to $1000 with taxes. It's the best price compared to US at any point of time.

I also gave documents of my cousin who is a student. All they need is a College ID, Addrees ID and Current Fee Slip.

Hope this helped.