PDA

View Full Version : Problems with fresh install of ML

kariemh1
Aug 3, 2013, 09:52 PM
Hi guys im new here i need some help with my macbook air i just replaced my hdd and im trying to install a fresh copy of mountain lion x when i press and hold option i see the bootable drive with the installation and when i choose it i get the grey screen with a circle and slash

I have also tried the usb bootable stick on another macbook pro and it boot up so there s nothing wrong with the bootable usb drive

Jonnyfive
Aug 3, 2013, 10:25 PM
If you are booting form a disk or some sort of image, make sure you have the correct one.

I have spent hours trouble shooting to find out I had the wrong recovery disk. It was for an older mac I once owned.

kariemh1
Aug 4, 2013, 02:27 AM
No i dont have a disc its a bootable stick with mountain lion x 10.8 and there is nothing with it cause i tried t on another mac book pro

Weaselboy
Aug 4, 2013, 10:52 AM
No i dont have a disc its a bootable stick with mountain lion x 10.8 and there is nothing with it cause i tried t on another mac book pro

Try a command-option-r (all thee keys at once) boot. That should get you to Internet Recovery where you can access Disk Util to format the drive to Mac OS Extended then install the OS.

That will install whatever OS came with your system.

kariemh1
Aug 4, 2013, 04:27 PM
Try a command-option-r (all thee keys at once) boot. That should get you to Internet Recovery where you can access Disk Util to format the drive to Mac OS Extended then install the OS.

That will install whatever OS came with your system.

nothing happend tried t many times just goes 2 the flashing folder with question mark where can i download 10.7 maybe i should try an older version

edit: i just read that option is only for 2011 mine is 2008