Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axi0m

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Just had my MacBook Pro 15" retina screen replaced due to screen burn in issues and sold it cos overall it started to lag with many tabs open in safari etc.

Now got a 13" MBA with Haswell and just now the screen or the whole thing died with a sharp little click sound. But hey the keyboard backlight is still on and I can't turn it off any way lol

Dunno if I'll go for another Mac, it's now the 3rd MacBook in a row (first one was bearabale and long ago, but still) I had substantial hardware and performance issues with. I very much like the trackpad gesture control in OSX and it keep bringing me back, but will see what the new breed of ultrabooks offer, perhaps it's better now.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
Why not quit with powerless PCs, and get a PowerBook DLSD 15" (or 17" if you want to be my overclocking guinea pig) and overclock it to 1.83GHz or even 2.0GHz until the GPU starts to make pretty colorful shapes.

axi0m

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Why not quit with powerless PCs, and get a PowerBook DLSD 15" (or 17" if you want to be my overclocking guinea pig) and overclock it to 1.83GHz or even 2.0GHz until the GPU starts to make pretty colorful shapes.

right on !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.