PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air LogicBoard Test

sangria
Aug 6, 2013, 02:45 PM
:confused:Hello. I got an Apple MacBook Air from my friend which has broken screen and very bad condition on the case. He punched it several times :) I got the laptop and then I bought tv connection cable. It was working perfect when I connected to tv (even the broken touchpad) and then I bough lower case with keyboard and mouse pad. And today I unscrew everything (Broken screen) and than I transferred everything (Logicboard + battery) . But I do not have the screen anymore. Because I threw in the garbage day before after removing the lcd from the case. So what happened is when I connect to the charger light comes and when I push to power button it turns on without chime. And fan starts immediately. And even I connected the logicboard to the TV it doesn't show anything. And also fan speed increase after couple seconds. So my question is Do I have to install a LCD screen in order to see the picture on TV? Or how can I test that I made a good job for transferring the Logicboard from broken one to new one ? I mean I wish I couldn't threw this broken LCD. I didn't know I would need it to try this process. Or Did I do something wrong and it suppose to send a picture to my TV without LCD screen? (I connected webcam and WiFi anthena still didn't work.) Please help me out Thank you!

sangria
Aug 6, 2013, 07:09 PM
I just called Apple and they do not know that Tv connection will work w or w/o LCD screen. Please some one help me!!!!!
:confused:Hello. I got an Apple MacBook Air from my friend which has broken screen and very bad condition on the case. He punched it several times :) I got the laptop and then I bought tv connection cable. It was working perfect when I connected to tv (even the broken touchpad) and then I bough lower case with keyboard and mouse pad. And today I unscrew everything (Broken screen) and than I transferred everything (Logicboard + battery) . But I do not have the screen anymore. Because I threw in the garbage day before after removing the lcd from the case. So what happened is when I connect to the charger light comes and when I push to power button it turns on without chime. And fan starts immediately. And even I connected the logicboard to the TV it doesn't show anything. And also fan speed increase after couple seconds. So my question is Do I have to install a LCD screen in order to see the picture on TV? Or how can I test that I made a good job for transferring the Logicboard from broken one to new one ? I mean I wish I couldn't threw this broken LCD. I didn't know I would need it to try this process. Or Did I do something wrong and it suppose to send a picture to my TV without LCD screen? (I connected webcam and WiFi anthena still didn't work.) Please help me out Thank you!

sangria
Aug 7, 2013, 12:37 PM
600 views and no one knows that MacBook air will work without LCD or Not? It is strange. I am feeling like an alien!