PDA

View Full Version : iBook in car accident >:(

cashmoney
Nov 16, 2005, 12:32 PM
so, I was driving down a road and this old lady blew through a stop sign and I slammed into her. My iBook 1.2 G4 was sitting in the passenger seat not wearing it's seat belt and flew into the dash, opened itself up, and fell to the ground, and shut itself. everyone was o.k....INCLUDING my iBook. I looked at it...opened it up, and vola, it still worked! amazing!:D

katie ta achoo
Nov 16, 2005, 12:37 PM
Yup! Thos iBooks are tought little buggers!

I'd run the hardware test CD, though, just to be safe.

/mmm, abusing commas
//is, this, ann,oying?
///I need to learn to use commas correctly.
////Should be locked up for comma abuse.

emw
Nov 16, 2005, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear everyone is okay, including the iBook. But on the front seat without a pack? You can't count on the airbags to help in that situation. :p

And KT - your use of commas was accurate below (aside from the // phrase). Your spelling, however... ;)

mizzi
Nov 16, 2005, 12:41 PM
congrats, man. glad to hear nothing (yourself included) was too horribly harmed.

katie ta achoo
Nov 16, 2005, 12:42 PM
Glad to hear everyone is okay, including the iBook. But on the front seat without a pack? You can't count on the airbags to help in that situation. :p

And KT - your use of commas was accurate below (aside from the // phrase). Your spelling, however... ;)

Shh... I'm on a windows machine and we have no built in spellcheck! :(

/zomg, this operating system is like
//sooo old school
///but not cool old school like os 9
////like bad old school
/////like oohhh noooo WHERE'S MY SPELLCHECK?

pinto32
Nov 16, 2005, 12:53 PM
glad to haer everyone (including the iBook) came out alright.

My iBook's been through some tosses (though none as dramatic as that). Besides the normal drops that come from carrying it in a bookbag, I have had it lauched from the rear dash of my girlfriend's car into the back of one of the front seats, and just yesterday was tossed around when I hydroplaned on some mud and swerved into an embankment. Surprisingly, no damage to anything...just some dirt and grass stuck in odd places. Anyway, yay iBooks!

Morn
Nov 16, 2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah.... the powerbooks being metal will dent or wrap in these situations.

plinkoman
Nov 16, 2005, 04:52 PM
call me crazy, but i'd be more worried about damage to the car then the iBook

a car is generally worth more then a computer ;)

so on that topic, how's your car?

cashmoney
Nov 16, 2005, 05:16 PM
call me crazy, but i'd be more worried about damage to the car then the iBook

a car is generally worth more then a computer ;)

so on that topic, how's your car?

The car was actually my first concern....

It wasn't that badly damaged. Just the hood and bumper was crumpled up alittle bit and the air bags went off. How sad....my poor poor Ford Focus.:(.

mizzi
Nov 16, 2005, 05:23 PM
ive been in one mentionable accident...and the airbags ended up breaking my sternum and bruising my heart...brutal stuff. i'm glad to hear this was avoided:)

cashmoney
Nov 16, 2005, 05:33 PM
ive been in one mentionable accident...and the airbags ended up breaking my sternum and bruising my heart...brutal stuff. i'm glad to hear this was avoided:)

That's terrible!

mizzi
Nov 16, 2005, 05:36 PM
haha that's life...i'm alive and kicking. best of luck with your insurance and getting your car back to new.

WeeShoo
Nov 16, 2005, 05:37 PM
:eek: Amazing that it didnt break or whatever, just be cautious, have it checked.

Morn
Nov 17, 2005, 12:37 AM
A car is insured........ I doubt applecare covers crashes.

generik
Nov 17, 2005, 02:06 AM
Wounds mend and bones heal... but an Apple computer will never recover from it if anything happened to it!

Good thing it came through fine :rolleyes:

p0intblank
Nov 17, 2005, 07:15 AM
Don't you just hate idiotic drivers? :rolleyes:

Anyway, glad to hear you and your iBook are okay. Make sure it is wearing its seatbelt next time!

heaven
Nov 17, 2005, 07:45 AM
so, I was driving down a road and this old lady blew through a stop sign and I slammed into her. My iBook 1.2 G4 was sitting in the passenger seat not wearing it's seat belt and flew into the dash, opened itself up, and fell to the ground, and shut itself. everyone was o.k....INCLUDING my iBook. I looked at it...opened it up, and vola, it still worked! amazing!:D

Lucky you! lol, we need to have seatbelts as an accessory for our Powerbooks and iBooks :D

cashmoney
Nov 17, 2005, 10:37 AM
Don't you just hate idiotic drivers? :rolleyes:

just the ones that shouldn't be driving anymore.

Sam0r
Nov 17, 2005, 01:21 PM
I thought mac's never crashed?

Sorry, that was really bad :rolleyes:

puckhead193
Nov 17, 2005, 01:36 PM
I thought mac's never crashed?

Sorry, that was really bad :rolleyes:
haha that made me laugh...
See seat belts do saves lives unless they are made from some super plastic :rolleyes: