PDA

View Full Version : January new PBs?

JonDownin
Nov 16, 2005, 01:33 PM
I need a new PB for February. What are the chances of me getting a new Intel PB in January? I am DEFINATELY going to buy one regardless in Jan, but if I could get a new intel one that would be great...

stridey
Nov 16, 2005, 01:37 PM
I need a new PB for February. What are the chances of me getting a new Intel PB in January? I am DEFINATELY going to buy one regardless in Jan, but if I could get a new intel one that would be great...

Little to no chance. Only once (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/01/20030108221159.shtml) has the PB line been updated so quickly, and it was considered extremely surprising.

Since they were just updated last month, and since you know you're going to need on regardless come January, if you can foot the bill now, I highly suggest buying one immediately.

Veritas&Equitas
Nov 17, 2005, 02:26 AM
Little to no chance.
I disagree. Many insiders have rumored within the past week that they may announce the Intel at MWSF in January, and try to surprise and take the industry by storm. This last update really wasn't an "update." It was a minimal speed bump, with a simple resolution update. I'll wager they are just finalizing the specs on the new cpu's, and have been for a little while; they just updated those last specs to last through the holidays. You have to remember, this isn't a normal update like the one's you referenced. This is almost unprecedented. They are performing a complete overhaul of their entire computing system, and how it will process/function (especially with the dual cores). If I had to put a bet down, based on what many people "in the know" seem to be surmising, I'd say the Intel's come January...at least they have a better than "little to no chance" like you say...just my $.02

generik
Nov 17, 2005, 02:45 AM
Little to no chance. Only once (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/01/20030108221159.shtml) has the PB line been updated so quickly, and it was considered extremely surprising.

Since they were just updated last month, and since you know you're going to need on regardless come January, if you can foot the bill now, I highly suggest buying one immediately.

Indeed, it has happened once before, that is ample proof that it will happen yet again. They did it before, they will do it again.

Morn
Nov 17, 2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah well people thought the idea of a ipod video was absurd also so close after the nano.
Apple "thinks different" Hey a company founded and run by a hippy nerd in the 70's ;)
Updating the ibook before powerbook would have the ibook faster than the powerbook. The powerbook is in serious need of an update, my money is on the powerbook getting the first update with a dual core yonah at about 2ghz. That's a thunderous way to bring on x86 also, making powerbook nearly as fast as powermac. Also the patheticness of the last update coupled with the screen problem for example, suggest to me a rushed final powerpc project with few resources allocated that perhaps left out a few plans they had like 7448 CPU.