PDA

View Full Version : OSX 10.9 Help!

ShrubbySoup
Aug 7, 2013, 11:02 AM
I have tried to reset my mac to factory setting with the new Dev preview of Mavericks and i keep getting connection failed when trying to log in to apple to download, Any fixes?

Also: I might not be a dev :/

petrucci666
Aug 7, 2013, 11:32 AM
I have tried to reset my mac to factory setting with the new Dev preview of Mavericks and i keep getting connection failed when trying to log in to apple to download, Any fixes?

The Dev Center got breached a few days ago, it might not be fully functional just yet.

You can always find the developer previews on other various sites, but that's up to you.

ShrubbySoup
Aug 7, 2013, 12:14 PM
The Dev Center got breached a few days ago, it might not be fully functional just yet.

You can always find the developer previews on other various sites, but that's up to you.

No, i want to go back to Mountain lion. I just cant find a way of re-downloading it when i have already formatted my SSD

petrucci666
Aug 7, 2013, 01:43 PM
No, i want to go back to Mountain lion. I just cant find a way of re-downloading it when i have already formatted my SSD

You have to use another computer to download it and make a bootable USB.

ShrubbySoup
Aug 7, 2013, 02:42 PM
1. thanks for the reply
2. How do i do this?
3. How do i download it on windows?

richorlin
Aug 9, 2013, 06:46 AM
If you are near an Apple store, bring it in and tell them you accidentally reformatted your drive because you are a dummy. They will reinstall the OS that came with your laptop for no charge. If you are not near a store, find a friend who has a Mac and use the demo version of SuperDuper to clone his drive to your drive.
Either way and you are good to go.

keysofanxiety
Aug 9, 2013, 07:09 AM
As others said, get ML installed on a bootable drive. But since you're not a dev and love downloading stuff, you can acquire a copy of Mountain Lion legally from the App Store and burn that image onto an external USB.

Or you can take out a spare hard-drive in another mac that has ML on it, hold Alt on startup, boot into that external recovery partition, wipe your actual hard-drive through the recovery DU, and then reinstall ML from that.

ibarnett
Aug 9, 2013, 04:58 PM

See http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1611251
Post #7

ShrubbySoup
Aug 10, 2013, 11:07 AM
See http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1611251
Post #7