PDA

View Full Version : Intel Updates Processor Logos

MacBytes
Nov 16, 2005, 03:21 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Intel Updates Processor Logos (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20051116162152)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

SilvorX
Nov 16, 2005, 03:41 PM
they're not as bad as what we're all used to, but I just don't want to see one on a Mac case

Voidness
Nov 16, 2005, 03:53 PM
they're not as bad as what we're all used to, but I just don't want to see one on a Mac case
Really? I think they look incredibly ridicules now, they used to be fine (except for the Centrino logo, which I think looks great compared to the news ones)...

nagromme
Nov 16, 2005, 03:55 PM
I think an Intel logo would look really cool on a PowerBook, if it was done in white or silver, subtle like a watermark. On the bottom. INSIDE the battery case. Real small.

Is Core Duo the official name of Yonah? Or is it Pentium M Core Duo, or what?

I should know, since I plan to own one.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Nov 16, 2005, 03:57 PM
Hmmm... I just called the two "new" logos fakes over in the other thread about this and I still think they're to ugly to be real... :rolleyes:

Voidness
Nov 16, 2005, 04:10 PM
Hmmm... I just called the two "new" logos fakes over in the other thread about this and I still think they're to ugly to be real... :rolleyes:
Yes! I really don't know when went on their mind when designing those new logos. I mean, seriously, it lacks any kind of professional design skills.

Orlando Furioso
Nov 16, 2005, 04:23 PM
Yes! I really don't know when went on their mind when designing those new logos. I mean, seriously, it lacks any kind of professional design skills.

they all look kind of crowded. I don't think they lack professional design, since they probably paid a designer waaaaaay too much for it, but it is a poor/weak logo. And as a set/series, they are just one oogly mess.

Lacero
Nov 16, 2005, 04:28 PM
I like the old intel logo. What's with the circular swooshes? And no Core Quadro? Bleh.

Fiveos22
Nov 16, 2005, 04:31 PM
I like the Xeon and Itanium ones...maybe its because black is so sexay.

Will Cheyney
Nov 16, 2005, 04:33 PM
Yuck. Horrible.

ibook30
Nov 16, 2005, 04:46 PM
No stickers on the mac please.

treblah
Nov 16, 2005, 04:49 PM
They've got nothing on the Pentium !!! Logo. :rolleyes:

I kind of like them, I wouldnt mind one being laser engraved on the bottom of a Powerbook.

*looks for flame retardant suit* ;)

isgoed
Nov 16, 2005, 04:50 PM
makes me think of toothpaste

hyperpasta
Nov 16, 2005, 05:02 PM
makes me think of toothpaste

Never thought of that. They do...

Leave them off my Mac, and pick a better name: Pentium M Core Duo, bleugh, how bout Dual X1!

Nermal
Nov 16, 2005, 05:09 PM

Apple hasn't put PowerPC logos on any Macs since Steve returned, and it'll probably stay that way :)

Photorun
Nov 16, 2005, 05:12 PM
I think an Intel logo would look really cool on a PowerBook, if it was done in white or silver, subtle like a watermark. On the bottom. INSIDE the battery case. Real small.

LMAO!!!

I though the same thing but put it on the motherboard UNDER the chip itself, you know, in case someone who does this can see what type of chip it is they just pried off.

frogbat
Nov 16, 2005, 05:32 PM
they all look kind of crowded. I don't think they lack professional design, since they probably paid a designer waaaaaay too much for it, but it is a poor/weak logo. And as a set/series, they are just one oogly mess.

let's assume they're real... why blame the designer? it's the client that has the final say.

applemacdude
Nov 16, 2005, 05:54 PM
i like them

Seasought
Nov 16, 2005, 06:14 PM
I don't like having my computer branded even if it is just a sticker. These 'new' logos aren't anything great (nor were the original ones) so I can't really express much enthusiasm for them.

Hopefully one can peal them off with reasonable ease.

RobHague
Nov 16, 2005, 06:19 PM
Apple hasn't put PowerPC logos on any Macs since Steve returned, and it'll probably stay that way :)

Yeah but no one is ashamed to have 'PowerPC Inside' ;) people with Intel systems always remove the stickers, like they have the plague :D j/k

I wouldnt mind a sticker on the mac's, those new ones look more 'trendy' than the current. Well the Core Duo and Solo. I don't see Apple putting the stickers on the box's though, very unlikley.

Can you get PPC stickers then? I want one to put on my Power Mac ;)

danielsan26
Nov 16, 2005, 06:50 PM
No stickers on the mac please.
Stickers would be great! Little solvent and they're gone! It's the etching, pressing, or relief-type inscriptions that I'm worried about....

ibook30
Nov 16, 2005, 09:43 PM
Stickers would be great! Little solvent and they're gone! It's the etching, pressing, or relief-type inscriptions that I'm worried about....

I think you are on to something here.

Some_Big_Spoon
Nov 16, 2005, 11:37 PM
PCs don't HAVE to have the sticker on them.. Intel pays PC makers, or discounts, to have the logo stick on the machine. It's one of the ways PCs are "made cheaper".

I think we're all smart enough to know that Apple's got no problem charging an arm and a leg for their gear, so they'll avoid the stickers and pass that cost on to us.

mad jew
Nov 16, 2005, 11:40 PM
I don't mind them personally. Better than the old ones at least. :)

Kirbdog
Nov 17, 2005, 12:18 AM
I'm going to go with the majority here. I do not want to see a Intel sticker or logo anywhere on my next Mac. If there is one on it, it will be the first thing to go. I don't think Steve will let any Mac become an Intel billboard anyway.

painimies
Nov 17, 2005, 02:47 AM
...to think that people complained about the clamshell iBooks looking like toilet seats. Those logos remaid me of a bathroom cleaning utensils-company.

(sorry for the english - not my native language.)

generik
Nov 17, 2005, 02:55 AM
I think it looks better than this :D

Paul O'Keefe
Nov 17, 2005, 06:35 AM
Each intel processor logo had three separarte trademark symbols. That's ugly.
Imagine if every apple you saw had a trademark symbol next to it.

efoto
Nov 17, 2005, 09:02 AM
I think it looks better than this :D

*shudders*

Alright, compose compose, alright. Exhale, inhale, exhale.

*vomit* :rolleyes:

Nice PS job, but still looks like s*** :p The logo on the case is what bother me the most, since Apple's logo is so nicely integrated into their products in a simple and basic manor. I guess part of the success of that is that Apple went with a symbol only, whereas Intel has a symbol (sort of) with text. Text looks cheap, no way around that.

iGary
Nov 17, 2005, 09:03 AM
*shudders*

Alright, compose compose, alright. Exhale, inhale, exhale.

*vomit* :rolleyes:

Nice PS job, but still looks like s*** :p The logo on the case is what bother me the most, since Apple's logo is so nicely integrated into their products in a simple and basic manor. I guess part of the success of that is that Apple went with a symbol only, whereas Intel has a symbol (sort of) with text. Text looks cheap, no way around that.

If they put stickers on the case I'm done.

Well maybe not, but it felt good to say it anyway.

Marky_Mark
Nov 18, 2005, 02:30 PM

1. fat chance - it'll be technicolour gaudy, impossible to get off and stuck on wonky, like it is on all the other lappies out there

2. Please. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:eek: