PDA

View Full Version : Whasts the Server Edition about?

LeandrodaFL
Aug 8, 2013, 07:40 AM
Im looking for a current MacMini with Moutain Lion, but the regular i7 model is out of stock in my country for several months. Only available is the Server model. So I may buy it, but I am wondering, whats the diference from the Server version to the regular OS X? I'm asking cause I defenetly dont need the extra features, and I am afraid that if there are more options visually, it may complicated the OS X experience for me.

ColdCase
Aug 8, 2013, 08:13 AM
You can load mountain lion on the mini server hardware. About the only difference between a mini and mini server, is the server has two internal hard drives where the mini has one. You can't add a second internal drive to a mini without taking it way apart and kludging in cables and adapters.

The server edition OS is the same OS with a few more software packages added/enabled. can be used just like a regular OS.

satcomer
Aug 8, 2013, 08:57 AM
If you check the MacRumor's Buyer's Guide (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com) to see if one is coming out within a month or two. Plus the new Mac Mini models will probably get the new AC wireless chip along with the new Intel Haswell chips.