PDA

View Full Version : Weird beeping noise through my monitors

Alexandern
Aug 8, 2013, 10:04 AM
Hi!

I've got a macbook pro which I'm using an external audio interface with x2 studio monitors, I'm also monitoring my mac to a screen with the HDMI mac converter. The beeping noise stops when I plug the HDMI converter out, but i would very much want to monitor my mac on a big screen and be able to listen trhough my monitors without this terrible beeping noise :)

Mr Rabbit
Aug 8, 2013, 12:11 PM
Does the beeping increase/decrease as you change the volume through your Mac?

Alexandern
Aug 8, 2013, 01:49 PM
i have an external audio interface so i can only turn up the volume from there. The beeping does however not increase if i turn it up, though if i turn the volume on the monitor it increases...

alexrmc92
Aug 8, 2013, 01:57 PM
i have an external audio interface so i can only turn up the volume from there. The beeping does however not increase if i turn it up, though if i turn the volume on the monitor it increases...

Just because you have an external audio interface doesn't mean your internal interface is disabled. Go to System Preferences > Sound >
Output > Internal Speakers. After selecting the internal speakers adjust the output volume to 0 and then switch to back top your external interface.

There could be an app somewhere still registered to use the internal card, a lot of DAW's manually control which card to use for whatever purpose you see fit.

Alexandern
Aug 8, 2013, 03:34 PM
Did not work :/ i turned down the internal volume to 0 and then restarted my external audio interface and it still beeps :/