Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
steve@mac.com and sjobs@apple.com are checked by high-level customer service representatives (probally folks in Customer Relations) and not Steve Jobs himself.

After weeks of emailing back and forth .Mac technical support, I emailed steve@mac.com and within 4 hours my .Mac account was fixed. It was a server-side issue just as I suspected. :rolleyes:

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
The reality is that Steve Jobs, just like Bill Gates and other high-visibility CEOs/chairmen, probably has a secret e-mail address which is whitelist-accessible: You can only send e-mail to it from specific addresses and specific e-mail servers. Any other attempt to e-mail is summarily rejected as undeliverable.

So while the public knows of e-mail addresses such as steve@mac.com and billg@microsoft.com, those addresses are managed by executive assistants who forward stuff that Steve and Bill REALLY need to see to the secret addresses.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
It was revealed to be sj@pixar.com

You can make it out in the second screen shot down at this website.

There is a good chance this is actually his email because an employee working for Apple emailed him at that address (according to the story at the website). Why would some at Apple use the pixar.com domain unless that was his true email?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I always used telepathy.

Or go to the genius bar, pick up the red phone, and ask for "his steveness"

/got kicked out of the Apple store
//got tipsy at the genius bar
///I had too much knowledge!

\i KEED!

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
even if that was the real address, I'm sure as soon as the secret got out he had it changed as his box was flooded with hundreds or thousands of messages...

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
From the Writer's Block Live FAQ:

I want to contact Steve Jobs to pitch my product/service/idea to him; can you help me reach him?

As you might imagine, Steve gets so many unsolicited proposals that your chances of success are slim, but here is his public e-mail: steve@apple.com. The incoming mail is screened by his assistants and they pass on anything of interest. Seriously, they read everything.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
fartheststar said:
Probably not a ROKR....:p

No, its a highly-advanced prototype of the upcoming Apple iPod combining a 5th generation iPod with a cellular phone and GPS unit. ;) ;) :)

MSRP is expected to be ~$1,200 for the 2TB model. ;) :)

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
dmw007 said:
No, its a highly-advanced prototype of the upcoming Apple iPod combining a 5th generation iPod with a cellular phone and GPS unit. ;) ;) :)

MSRP is expected to be ~$1,200 for the 2TB model. ;) :)

Now... with a 50 hour battery life ...
:eek:

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
katie ta achoo said:
Ooo, I loved that part of the keynote when he was kinda fumbling with it.

It was awesome!

"oops, pressed the wrong button"

<3!

Hey, go easy on the man. It wasn't his fault...someone...err...covered it in soap...um, ya... ;) :)

That or they re-arranged the keys on the keypad. ;) :)

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
fartheststar said:
Now... with a 50 hour battery life ...
:eek:

Here's the phone:-
motorola_rokr-e1_00.jpg

... and here's your 50hour battery.

car-battery.gif

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.