Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
London
On OS X Mavericks, it seems that any selected text in Photoshop CS6 (text boxes, input boxes [font size, etc...]) just gets deleted as soon as it's selected. Even the numbers in the box when selecting a brush size gets deleted.

It doesn't happen every time Photoshop is opened, but it's happened on at least 10 occasions, and when it starts, I have no idea how to reset it, so just give up on what I'm doing and come back to it later. It makes Photoshop almost unusable.

Is anyone else having this problem, know how to solve it, or know if it's just in Mavericks? I heard one person mention it in a thread but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

atwixtor

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2011
Same Behavior Here

Hello,

I am experiencing the same exact problem. Whenever I click on a word inside a text box, the cursor jumps erratically to the right (sometimes the whole word, sometimes only by a character or two), and if I double-click, it completely deleted the selection.

Does it have to do with the iOS-style auto-correct function built into the system? Anyone have any tips on this?

Photoshop CS6 13.0.5, OS X 10.9

Here is a video Illustrating the problem:

https://vimeo.com/78193286 (video will be done processing ETA 4PM EST)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.