Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuna9720

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
We have seen MBA and I can say I'm satisfied about most of it but the processor..
So it's light, beautiful and long lasting battery wise.. It gets 7,5 out of 10 from me based on what I was expecting (battery life takes most of that portion)..

When you compare the processors though, according to the http://www.cpubenchmark.net/;

Ranks
2012 MBA - 337
2013 MBA (haswell) - 340 (even worse)

2012 MBP - 301 (non-retina, base model)

So there are many expected but unknown things about the upcoming MBP.

Are they going to have haswell?
Are non MBP will continue or discontinue and be replaced by retina models?
Will their price change or be the same if they get replaced with retina models?

I'm asking because, the price of a MBA is great with the BB promo. However the performance is a bit disappointing. And it's hard to know whether BB promo will last long enough to get the MBP. Would be great if we knew a little more about the MBP.

Man, even iPhones have more leaked info than laptops.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Are they going to have haswell? - Yes
Are non MBP will continue or discontinue and be replaced by retina models? - No one outside Apple knows
Will their price change or be the same if they get replaced with retina models? - No one outside Apple knows

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Don't underestimate the PCIe in the 2013 MBA (and most certainly coming to the new MBP's)...those SSD's are now absolute LIGHTNING. My 2013 MBA is the fastest computer I've ever owned at opening programs (instantaneous), switching programs, booting up, waking from sleep and all around feel (and I've owned a few Macs with SSD's)...truly a leap in technology and one that is IMMEDIATELY noticeable to the user.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.