Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
Does anyone link their iPhone to their Jetta with iOS 7? No matter how many time I click off Media to satellite or whatnot, the car continues to jump back to the phone endlessly until I turn off bluetooth.

I just bought a 2013 so my exp with them are limited, did this do this with iOS 6?

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Does anyone link their iPhone to their Jetta with iOS 7? No matter how many time I click off Media to satellite or whatnot, the car continues to jump back to the phone endlessly until I turn off bluetooth.

I just bought a 2013 so my exp with them are limited, did this do this with iOS 6?

I have a 2012 Jetta GLI w/ Nav & Fender Audio. It's a touch screen, but I can't think of the model number.

I also have an iPhone 5 that's been paired to this car since iOS 6, but is now running iOS 7 Beta 5.

I have the opposite problem with VW's bluetooth integration. The car stereo stays on whatever source I have selected, except when playing music from my iTunes library. The gap when Music.app is between songs causes my stereo to think that there is no longer a source connected and it will flip to my hardwire connect iPod or back to the AM/FM/Sat options.

There might have been a tweak between our radio models, so maybe see if you can test the radio on an iOS 6 device. If it functions normally, then I would restore your iOS 7 Beta... as it does work as expected by me.

(Side note: are you running any navigation app that is interrupting the source? If you're listening to AM/FM/SAT and a navigation (Turn-by-turn) alert is given, that will interrupt the source briefly to provide the alert.)

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I have a 2012 Jetta GLI w/ Nav & Fender Audio. It's a touch screen, but I can't think of the model number.

I also have an iPhone 5 that's been paired to this car since iOS 6, but is now running iOS 7 Beta 5.

I have the opposite problem with VW's bluetooth integration. The car stereo stays on whatever source I have selected, except when playing music from my iTunes library. The gap when Music.app is between songs causes my stereo to think that there is no longer a source connected and it will flip to my hardwire connect iPod or back to the AM/FM/Sat options.

There might have been a tweak between our radio models, so maybe see if you can test the radio on an iOS 6 device. If it functions normally, then I would restore your iOS 7 Beta... as it does work as expected by me.

(Side note: are you running any navigation app that is interrupting the source? If you're listening to AM/FM/SAT and a navigation (Turn-by-turn) alert is given, that will interrupt the source briefly to provide the alert.)

Apreciate the reply, I think we have the same head unit, touch screen but lacking Nav. Not running any nav software and I dont even start any music. Just the second that my car recognizes the iPhone, the music starts playing. I stop the music, go back to sat, and the music apparently starts up again. Annoying! Will try this with my iPad when I get home on Wifi.

Thanks!

UmichAg

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Jetta Radio Update

Earlier this spring a firmware update came out for the Fender radios in the Jettas that address many of the Bluetooth problems (e.g., auto start). If you haven't had this applied, go visit your local dealer

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Off topic, but how do you like your GLI? I'm looking at getting one.
Sorry for the late reply, but I had a 2009 and bought the 2012 the second I could. Absolutely love it. (6 Speed Manual, but my mom has VW with DSG that's awesome)

----------

Earlier this spring a firmware update came out for the Fender radios in the Jettas that address many of the Bluetooth problems (e.g., auto start). If you haven't had this applied, go visit your local dealer

Interesting, My dealer never informed me of the update. They either did it for me, or it never came up.

UmichAg

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Dealers are pretty oblivious to this update. You have to request that it be done.
Have them look up: Technical Service Bulletin 2031136/1

rdinterman

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Jetta

Dealers are pretty oblivious to this update. You have to request that it be done.
Have them look up: Technical Service Bulletin 2031136/1

Thanks for letting us know this. I have a 2011 Jetta which I love, but the random Bluetooth taking over my iPhone audio randomly...even when I am using my Jawbone has been driving me nuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.