PDA

View Full Version : How to Connect ATV to Receiver with No TV

ppedersen
Aug 9, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hi. I have a Pioneer VSX-D712 receiver, it has no HDMI, 1 Optical. I use this to play CDs and Radio through our home speaker system. No TV attached. How do I activate and connect new ATV to this and play music from NAS via WIN7 PC and mini iPad? Thanks, Pete

E.Lizardo
Aug 9, 2013, 05:15 PM
Hi. I have a Pioneer VSX-D712 receiver, it has no HDMI, 1 Optical. I use this to play CDs and Radio through our home speaker system. No TV attached. How do I activate and connect new ATV to this and play music from NAS via WIN7 PC and mini iPad? Thanks, Pete

Not sure that would be very workable.If you are just interested in audio you might like the airport express.Check Apple's site and see if it fits your needs.

waw74
Aug 9, 2013, 06:50 PM
at the very least, you need a TV to set it up.

To access the music on your NAS, you'll need a computer on and running iTunes to share the media from there to the aTV.
you'll also need an iOS device and apple's remote software to control either iTunes or the aTV. but still not the best solution.

any music you have synced to the ipad can be played directly without the computer or NAS being on.

as liazrdo said, you'll be better off with the airport express.
you can get a old style refurbed one for $69 (http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB321LL/A/refurbished-airport-express-base-station-with-80211n-and-airtunes).

you can still use the remote software to control iTunes on your computer and send the audio to the express, or play directly from your ipad.