Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garycurtis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
When I acquired an iMac and then got to the AP Store for the first time to download Mountain Lion, I was in truly deep waters.

The install procedure (set up, actually) was simple. Then and there I should have chosen to avoid a sign in. I'm the only user of computer. But I overlooked that detail during setup.

Am I destined forever and ever to have to enter password every time my computer goes to sleep? Help. How can I get rid of that security step.

Can it be changed so there is no login?

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
When I acquired an iMac and then got to the AP Store for the first time to download Mountain Lion, I was in truly deep waters.

The install procedure (set up, actually) was simple. Then and there I should have chosen to avoid a sign in. I'm the only user of computer. But I overlooked that detail during setup.

Am I destined forever and ever to have to enter password every time my computer goes to sleep? Help. How can I get rid of that security step.

Can it be changed so there is no login?
Open the System Preferences, by clicking on its icon in the dock. If it isn't in the dock, it is in the /Applications folder.
Click on the Users and Groups icon, and then the "Login Options" icon. Have to click on the lock and enter your admin password. Set Automatic login to your user name ....
That was easy wasn't it :cool: .

ricede

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2010
Inside

Go to System Preferences > Security > General
Click padlock. Enter password
Uncheck : Require Password after Sleep or screen saver begins

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.