Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ribbon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
As the title says, I've been thinking that the size of the text both in the notification center and when you receive a notification in the lock screen it's too big.

I tried changing the text size in General > Accessibility > Text size but it won't work: the text size remains being too big (for me). Is this a bug? Or that setting is not meant for that (I guess it's also meant for apps, but I thought it would apply for the OS environment as well).

kramjam

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
California
I really liked how lightweight the text was system wide in the early builds of iOS7. Made everything seem so elegant and pleasing to look at. I'm sure people who have trouble reading text appreciate the change, but an option to go back to the small text would be really nice. The text in NC right now is way too big and a waste of space, imo.

infernohellion

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2006
København
I really liked how lightweight the text was system wide in the early builds of iOS7. Made everything seem so elegant and pleasing to look at. I'm sure people who have trouble reading text appreciate the change, but an option to go back to the small text would be really nice. The text in NC right now is way too big and a waste of space, imo.

Couldn't agree more. :(

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Agreed. I don't see why the "Bold Text" setting in Accessibility couldn't be a three-way toggle - the ultra light font, b5's default font, and a bold option for my grandmother. :confused:

sero323

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
As the title says, I've been thinking that the size of the text both in the notification center and when you receive a notification in the lock screen it's too big.

I tried changing the text size in General > Accessibility > Text size but it won't work: the text size remains being too big (for me). Is this a bug? Or that setting is not meant for that (I guess it's also meant for apps, but I thought it would apply for the OS environment as well).

I agree. It's too big. The status bar in the lock screen is too big too. Idk why. I hope they change it before GM release

----------

Ya. What's up with all that extra space on the left side??

ali5289

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
This has been bugging me as well. The notifications in the notifications bar are wayyy too big. Wish there was a way to make them smaller..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.