PDA

View Full Version : To all those with horizontal lines: write Apple

PDE
Nov 17, 2005, 09:37 AM
Why don't we all submit feedback to Apple here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I'm not sure if it's useful and I'm not even sure if anybody reads it, but maybe it's worth a try? I just submitted feedback regarding the horizontal line/banding issue.

loktin
Nov 18, 2005, 04:03 PM
As I suggested in the main thread, I think writing to a mac media outlet would be more effective as the problem wouldn't be as "in-house" as it is now. I've written to all the mac magazines and hopefully along with others that write to them about the problem and thus getting some exposure, apple will be forced to come up with a solution.

Apple knows the problem by now, a gazillion people called applecare just from the thread alone.But they also know we need the powerbook no matter what, and damn it, they're right. Sad.

mizzi
Nov 18, 2005, 04:14 PM
i get my powerbook in 4 hours...a lette rmay just have to be written.

sigh

Clix Pix
Nov 19, 2005, 10:55 AM
Inquiring minds want to know....

DO YOU HAVE THE LINES?

For your sake I hope not and I also hope that your silence has been because you're so busy happily working with your new PB! I hope it doesn't mean something else, something more ominous.

Let us know what's going on!

OTB

itmakesmecool
Nov 19, 2005, 11:27 AM
I was looking into purchasing a new powerbook. Do the horizontal lines impair its use in any way, are the stressful on the eyes? What I am asking is it something that will be bothersome for the life of the computer?

Chrispy
Nov 19, 2005, 02:32 PM
I was looking into purchasing a new powerbook. Do the horizontal lines impair its use in any way, are the stressful on the eyes? What I am asking is it something that will be bothersome for the life of the computer?

Yes, on some of the computers with lines they are so bad that it does add eye strain after extended use. Also, it makes colors and screen brightness seem off so if you are really into photo work then it could be a problem.

tribe3
Nov 19, 2005, 04:37 PM

If you spend your time looking at the lines from 3" distance it will give you a big headacke. Now if you use it normally, you won't even notice the lines:rolleyes:

FFTT
Nov 19, 2005, 07:52 PM
I would write a snail mail letter to Apple Corporate rather than
just posting in feedback.

Also document the issue on your affected unit with Applecare immediately
and keep a record of it.

Hopefully a firmware update is in the works to fix the problem, but
I wouldn't delay reporting for any reason.

Morn
Nov 19, 2005, 07:57 PM
That's not true the lines are quiet easy to notice on the dock and on photo's without going at 3"

3dit3r
Nov 19, 2005, 08:10 PM
That's not true the lines are quiet easy to notice on the dock and on photo's without going at 3"

That's assuming all 15" PB's exhibit the same degree of lines and that all users share the same visual acuity. I see the lines, but only if my nose is to the screen. My eyes have adjusted and don't register the lines at further distances. However, they were never a problem to me.