PDA

View Full Version : 2013 13MBA VS 13MBR same price....

ajr2348
Aug 10, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

First and foremost thank you for your time and help.

I've been waiting forever to buy a laptop. My black macbook is almost dead.

I really need to begin organizing my life and using software for finances, organization, etc.

For fun I was hoping to begin using a go pro to capture my trail runs, and very novice stuff to attach to a blog I want to create. Always on hold because my computer wouldn't work with something or the other. Of course music storage, web surfing, and word processing I would do too, which i know both could do well.

I was thinking of buying the MBA 13 with 512 flash, 8gb memory but I noticed the same upgrades would yield to the same price of 13 inch Macbook pro retina at macmall.

My hold up, is I like to keep my laptops for a long time. However I don't want to make a bad purchase. I don't want to wait till October/November for an updated MBr which I know will cost more then this deal right now. Since battery really won't be an issue, i dont see why you can't haul your cord with you to a coffee shop is a big deal .

What do you guys think?

Thanks again for all your help.

jomirrivera
Aug 10, 2013, 03:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

First and foremost thank you for your time and help.

I've been waiting forever to buy a laptop. My black macbook is almost dead.

I really need to begin organizing my life and using software for finances, organization, etc.

For fun I was hoping to begin using a go pro to capture my trail runs, and very novice stuff to attach to a blog I want to create. Always on hold because my computer wouldn't work with something or the other. Of course music storage, web surfing, and word processing I would do too, which i know both could do well.

I was thinking of buying the MBA 13 with 512 flash, 8gb memory but I noticed the same upgrades would yield to the same price of 13 inch Macbook pro retina at macmall.

My hold up, is I like to keep my laptops for a long time. However I don't want to make a bad purchase. I don't want to wait till October/November for an updated MBr which I know will cost more then this deal right now. Since battery really won't be an issue, i dont see why you can't haul your cord with you to a coffee shop is a big deal .

What do you guys think?

Thanks again for all your help.

I would say go for the air at macmall!

You can get it from them with 8gb of ram i5 proccesor and 256gb for about 1300 with neext day shipping included!

I got the i7 8gb ram and 256 gb model with overnight shipping for 1500 flat with macmall!
best computer I have ever used!

robvas
Aug 10, 2013, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't buy the 13" rMBP or 13" cMBP right now - they're about to be refreshed.

jadAce
Aug 10, 2013, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't buy the 13" rMBP or 13" cMBP right now - they're about to be refreshed.

Do you thing the cMBP is going to be refreshed or would it probably be dropped?
Perhaps Apple will slightly reduce prices on rMBPs instead?

ajr2348
Aug 10, 2013, 05:59 PM
Thank you for the reply, yes with those options macmall has the air at 1350 but for the rmpr with thoes same specs you can have it for 1399.99? Still the Air you say?