Dec 24, 2002, 08:47 PM
Kind of cute -

http://www.space.com/news/norad_santa_021224.html

www.noradsanta.com

Merry Christmas everyone!

D :D

irmongoose
Dec 24, 2002, 10:33 PM
Yeah kinda stupid. I wish they could do better than a little computer animation... which by the way looks like it's done by some teenager. :rolleyes:

irmongoose

funkywhat2
Dec 24, 2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by irmongoose
Yeah kinda stupid. I wish they could do better than a little computer animation... which by the way looks like it's done by some teenager.
irmongoose

It's for kids, why would it matter? Besides, I'd rather they spend $ on protecting me rather than on computer animation.

irmongoose
Dec 24, 2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by crazy_will

It's for kids, why would it matter?

Heh.. you think kids enjoy watching some boring guy talking while they watch flashy images of santa on a computer screen? I know I wouldn't have ever enjoyed such a thing even if I was 3 years old.

irmongoose

funkywhat2
Dec 24, 2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by irmongoose

Heh.. you think kids enjoy watching some boring guy talking while they watch flashy images of santa on a computer screen? I know I wouldn't have ever enjoyed such a thing even if I was 3 years old.

My seven and eight year old sisters did. In fact, they were pestering me all day to see it, like they did last year, and the year before.

irmongoose
Dec 24, 2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by crazy_will

My seven and eight year old sisters did. In fact, they were pestering me all day to see it, like they did last year, and the year before.

Heh.. kids these days :rolleyes:

irmongoose

Timothy
Dec 25, 2002, 12:17 AM
and I think it's great that someone does it.

Merry Christmas! Or, happy holidays...or, have a great new year!

wdlove
Dec 25, 2002, 03:32 PM
With children becoming more computer savy that animation won't work too much longer, enjoy for fun! :p

Mr. Anderson
Dec 25, 2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
With children becoming more computer savy that animation won't work too much longer, enjoy for fun! :p

Ha, it will always work at some point, just the age of the kids getting excited about will be getting younger.

D :D

mcrain
Dec 27, 2002, 04:53 PM
We're all so cynical. Kids are kids, just not for as long as before.