PDA

View Full Version : Can Macbook Air Record 720p Gameplay

helmutssss
Aug 11, 2013, 04:12 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm getting the 2013 Macbook Air 13'' for Christmas.
I am a Youtube partner. I upload mostly Counter Strike videos. I know that Macbook Air can handle Counter Strike Global Offensive.

But... Will it be able to record CS: GO gameplay in 720p at 50-60 FPS?

I just don't see the point in buying this computer if it can't record gameplay for me.

Please, help me!

AXs
Aug 11, 2013, 04:23 AM
personal opinion - you shouldn't buy an Air with the intent of gaming. Pro maybe?

helmutssss
Aug 11, 2013, 04:29 AM
personal opinion - you shouldn't buy an Air with the intent of gaming. Pro maybe?

I'm not rich enough to afford the 15'' pro. Maybe I could look into 13'' pro if they refresh it. Or if they discontinue original pro's and make Retina's a bit cheaper.

AXs
Aug 11, 2013, 04:43 AM
I believe that the 13" rMBP will come with Iris, a faster processor, and likely $100 off the base price (like they have done with all their 2013 products).

Including the $100 bump on the Air to get 8gb, you would be just $200 away from a rMBP!

Macman45
Aug 11, 2013, 04:50 AM
I'd agree...don't buy an Air with the intention of serious gaming...you would be way better off with a MBP....why not take a look at refurbished , models? You can get some great deals, and the machines are A1 all fully serviced and as new.

helmutssss
Aug 11, 2013, 06:38 AM
I'd agree...don't buy an Air with the intention of serious gaming...you would be way better off with a MBP....why not take a look at refurbished , models? You can get some great deals, and the machines are A1 all fully serviced and as new.

I don't live in the US. I live in Latvia. It's in Europe. All Apple products are much more expensive outside US. And we don't have an Apple store, so there's no way I can get a refurbished model.

Also, if you're curious, 13'' Air costs $1600 here, and the 13'' Retina is $2000+

I might wait till the Spring then, because there is no way I can save up enough for a Retina till the xmas....