PDA

View Full Version : Mid-2013 Macbook Air High Temperatures

carguy21
Aug 11, 2013, 09:40 PM
I have had my computer for a little over a month now and I have been experiencing high temperatures while just surfing the internet and even worse while playing games. While surfing on Safari or watching Netflix on Safari I range in temps from 45-60 degrees Celsius.

The biggest issue is when I play games such as Surgeon Simulator or CSR Racing my CPU temp average is 90-95 degrees Celsius. My fan also runs around 5000-6000 RPM.

Is this normal for all of you?

TL;DR - my computer runs hot

jadAce
Aug 11, 2013, 10:14 PM
I have had my computer for a little over a month now and I have been experiencing high temperatures while just surfing the internet and even worse while playing games. While surfing on Safari or watching Netflix on Safari I range in temps from 45-60 degrees Celsius.

The biggest issue is when I play games such as Surgeon Simulator or CSR Racing my CPU temp average is 90-95 degrees Celsius. My fan also runs around 5000-6000 RPM.

Is this normal for all of you?

TL;DR - my computer runs hot

What's your configuration?
Did you purchase AppleCare? (sorry if obvious question)

ZBoater
Aug 11, 2013, 10:18 PM
I Is this normal for all of you?

45-60C? Yes, that's fine. Don't worry about it.

carguy21
Aug 11, 2013, 11:52 PM
What's your configuration?
Did you purchase AppleCare? (sorry if obvious question)

Whoops sorry forgot to leave that important information out. No I do not have AppleCare but I have a 13'' i5 with 8gb RAM and a 256 gb ssd

----------

45-60C? Yes, that's fine. Don't worry about it.

But what about the 90C while playing games

AXs
Aug 12, 2013, 12:43 AM
It is completely fine. Your laptop will shut itself off if the temperature is critical.

Not a bad idea to give your laptop some breathing room after a couple hours of intense sweating though.

carguy21
Aug 12, 2013, 01:19 AM
It is completely fine. Your laptop will shut itself off if the temperature is critical.

Not a bad idea to give your laptop some breathing room after a couple hours of intense sweating though.

But it is at a high temperature and the fans are going only after like two minutes of playing the game