PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air Storage Problem, Help

imjoee
Aug 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
I recently got my 2013 13" 128GB SSD Macbook Air last week and i noticed that my storage has been eating up quickly. I checked in on the disk utility and it states that 15GB is used in "Other" how can i delete this "OTHER." Or at least know what exactly is the "OTHER" storage.

thanks.

fabian43
Aug 12, 2013, 03:36 PM
Isn't this "other" referring to the OS? You never really get the full capacity of any hard drive because the operating system and related bloat ware always take up space. A 500GB-1TB portable external hard drive should do the trick

bolen
Aug 12, 2013, 03:38 PM
Get DaisyDisk (in Mac App store) or similar software to better figure out what's hogging your space.

Other similar utilities are:

JDiskReport
Disk Inventory X
DiskWave
GrandPerspective
WhatSize

imjoee
Aug 12, 2013, 03:46 PM
Isn't this "other" referring to the OS? You never really get the full capacity of any hard drive because the operating system and related bloat ware always take up space. A 500GB-1TB portable external hard drive should do the trick

It could be, it is taking up about 15GB. I screenshotted the storage to see if it is going to increase, if not then a good chance it could be the OS.

----------

Get DaisyDisk (in Mac App store) or similar software to better figure out what's hogging your space.

Other similar utilities are:

JDiskReport
Disk Inventory X
DiskWave
GrandPerspective
WhatSize

Thanks, i will look into these apps.

Mrbobb
Aug 12, 2013, 03:54 PM
Other = Dark Matter. :D

imjoee
Aug 12, 2013, 03:54 PM