Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
So, I've noticed a minor nuance with my 15" rMBP where Windows 8 will revert my settings from "Show desktop only on 2" to "Extend these displays", but only when I close the lid to sleep. If I use the UI to sleep the laptop, it will remember the display settings on wake (even if I close the laptop after sleeping and wake by opening the lid). Similarly, if I shutdown, restart, unplug my hdmi cable and plug it back in etc. it will remember the settings. It only forgets them and reverts to Extend these displays after closing the lid. Windows 7 definitely didn't behave this way, am just curious if anyone ever noticed this or found a work around :) Thanks.

Incidentally, it also properly remembers the configuration if I press the power button to sleep. So really it's just closing the lid....

Last edited:

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
Boot Camp 4 or 5? ;)

5, downloaded from the Bootcamp Assistant the other day. I'm curious how my MBA would behave, but not curious enough to do the install heh. Really I just don't understand what the difference is between closing the lid and pressing the power button/using the UI to sleep. The latter two remember the settings, while closing the lid reverts them. Is just annoying. Oy vey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.