to9536
Aug 13, 2013, 06:41 AM
Hello,

I recently bought a Macbook Air with these specifications;

1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7
8GB RAM
256GB Flash Storage
Intel HD Graphics 5000

Could anyone help me find the best/optimal settings to use on Parallels Desktop 8 with this "maxed out" Macbook Air 2013. Parallels will mainly be used for playing League of Legends, and therefore I would like some help to find the best/optimal settings for this game.

I know League of Legends is available to OS X, but I would like to play it via Parallels Dekstop for various reasons and I've also tried Boot Camp, but it was annoying to reboot between OS X and Windows all the time.

I've tried to figure this out on my own, but ended up with a headache.

Thanks in advance!

to9536
Aug 13, 2013, 07:13 AM
Help me find the best settings and I will give you a pretty decent reward :)

krizko
Aug 13, 2013, 07:32 AM
Help me find the best settings and I will reward you with a special gift :)

Turn 3D Acceleration on in the Virtual Machine configuration settings in Parallels 8.

I would apply around 3-4GB RAM to the VM as well.

Run the VM in Full Screen in Isolated mode, not Coherence or any other Mac Sharing modes.

Allow Parallels to use both CPUs.

After all that you should be good to go.

any-key
Aug 13, 2013, 08:10 AM
Turn 3D Acceleration on in the Virtual Machine configuration settings in Parallels 8.

I would apply around 3-4GB RAM to the VM as well.

Run the VM in Full Screen in Isolated mode, not Coherence or any other Mac Sharing modes.

Allow Parallels to use both CPUs.

After all that you should be good to go.

Also under Settings > Hardware > Video drag the slider of the Video Memory to max (should be 1GB for your MBA).

Thats also the place where you can enable the 3D acceleration.

to9536
Aug 13, 2013, 09:03 AM
Thank you.

What about "Vertical Synchronization" both in Parallels and in-game? and "Adaptive Hypervisor"?

to9536
Aug 13, 2013, 10:31 AM
Bump

to9536
Aug 13, 2013, 11:54 AM
Bump

to9536
Aug 14, 2013, 01:25 AM
"Vertical Synchronization" in both Parallels and in-game.
- It seems like I get most performance if I turn it OFF in Parallels and ON in-game. Does that sound right?

"Adaptive Hypervisor"
- Couldn't figure out if it had any impact on performance. Need some advice here.

bit density
Aug 14, 2013, 02:13 AM
why are you not running the mac version?

to9536
Aug 14, 2013, 02:26 AM
why are you not running the mac version?

I know the Mac version would be best, but for various reasons I have to play it on Windows. I have been using Boot Camp, but after a while I got tired of rebooting every time I wanted to switch between OS X and Windows.

My performance seems to be "playable" with Parallels now, but I would like some advice on "Adaptive Hypervisor".

Isn't it weird that "Vertical Synchronization" off in Parallels and on in-game seems to give me most FPS? I thought that the "Vertical Synchronization" setting should be the same in Parallels and in-game? e.g if I turn it on in Parallels then it should also be on in-game, and vice versa?

to9536
Aug 14, 2013, 05:36 AM
My performance seems to be "playable" with Parallels now, but I would like some advice on "Adaptive Hypervisor".

Isn't it weird that "Vertical Synchronization" off in Parallels and on in-game seems to give me most FPS? I thought that the "Vertical Synchronization" setting should be the same in Parallels and in-game? e.g if I turn it on in Parallels then it should also be on in-game, and vice versa?
Would still like an answer to the quote, but I would also like to add;

Is there anything other than adjusting the setting for Parallels that can give me better performance in-game? Software, tweaks or anything else?

to9536
Aug 15, 2013, 03:52 AM
Solved it by going back to Boot Camp.

Although I did not get all of my problems resolved, krizko or any-key may contact me if they want something in return.

End of thread.