Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigerj360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Hi Guys

Yesterday I upgraded my mac to Mountain Lion 10.8.4

When I have come to work on some projects today, All of my fonts I have installed throughout owning my Mac Pro have disappeared and I am left with only the basic fonts.

I have searched all the normal folders and done a finder search and found nothing. Font Book has nothing either.

Has this happened to anyone else? I cant find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Jon

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Yesterday I upgraded my mac to Mountain Lion 10.8.4
From what? If you simply did a point update from an earlier version of 10.8, then it is impossible that this would have caused the deletion of your fonts.

If you did an upgrade from 10.7 Lion or 10.6 Snow Leopard, then your fonts would only be removed along with everything else if you did a clean install. Otherwise, they should all be in place.

In short: the loss (or apparent loss) of your fonts may have been coincidental to the OS upgrade.

Were your fonts in <user>Library/Fonts, or /Library/Fonts (at the top level of the disk)....?
Are they all gone, or are only the Apple-bundled fonts listed?

Of course, if you had a backup, this would be easy to fix, so I'm guessing you don't have a backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.