PDA

View Full Version : Skype: Automatically answer calls from certain contacts

badox
Aug 13, 2013, 01:41 PM
Hi there,

I've been looking into getting a script to auto answer Skype calls from specific contacts. This is what I found online but it seems incomplete, could anyone help me with it? :(:confused:

set desired_callers to {"user1", "user2"}
set autoVideo to true # enable video automatically
set timespan to 10

# starting skype if not running
tell application "Skype" to activate

repeat
tell application "Skype"
set calls to send command "SEARCH ACTIVECALLS" script name "AnsweringScript"
set callID to last word of calls
if callID is not "CALLS" then
set status to send command "GET CALL " & callID & " STATUS" script name "AnsweringScript"
set caller to send command "GET CALL " & callID & " PARTNER_HANDLE" script name "AnsweringScript"
if last word of status is "RINGING" and desired_callers contains last word of caller then
send command "ALTER CALL " & callID & " ANSWER" script name "AnsweringScript"
else if desired_callers contains last word of caller and autoVideo then
send command "ALTER CALL " & callID & " START_VIDEO_SEND" script name "AnsweringScript"
end if
end if
end tell
delay timespan
end repeat

Also tried following the last instruction

"Just export this snippet from the AppleScript Editor as an application and set it as a hidden Login Item for the current user."

but it's not working...:confused:

heyadrian
Aug 16, 2013, 07:23 AM
IS this possibly a case of accented characters? i.e. ń etc...? You might have to use escape characters for those.

Furthermore, another issue I see often on Skype is that people regularly change their NAME not Skype ID.

So rather looking at the last name, rather use the Skype ID.

I see from the script you're calling to check:

if last word of status is "RINGING" and desired_callers contains last word of caller then

It's probably looking at the Surname (or whatever their last word is in their name) rather than their ID.