Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I'm thinking of getting one for myself. I went to an Apple store and saw and loved both colors. The black/slate looks classic and the blue one looks vibrant and really nice. Anyone here has one or the other and regret the color they chose?

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
That's why I get the best of both worlds.
AIT5-APOC-BLU.jpg

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I have the blue. I had to get that one as it was the only colour they had in 64GB at the shop. In would have preferred pink, or white or red or black. Basically the only colour I'd prefer blue over is the yellow.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I'm thinking of getting one for myself. I went to an Apple store and saw and loved both colors. The black/slate looks classic and the blue one looks vibrant and really nice. Anyone here has one or the other and regret the color they chose?

Get the black. For some reason, the white front (on the blue one) doesn't look as good.

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
I would go with black, because I like the color a lot and the stealth look looks epic :D
It really comes down to personal preference. If you want a black screen, go with black. If you want blue, you are limited to a white screen. Go with whichever one you think is better.
Good Luck!

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
I would get white because it going to look nice with ios 7 and the white back is very sleek. But if you want blue or black, go black. I got blue but my friends got black and it looks better.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
iPod Touch 5G: Blue or Black?

I would get white because it going to look nice with ios 7 and the white back is very sleek. But if you want blue or black, go black.

Do you mean silver? Because I don't think there's a white back iPod Touch.

Markyyy

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2013
Do you mean silver? Because I don't think there's a white back iPod Touch.

he means to say "white's back" unless he is mistaken. The white iPod Touch has the uncolored aluminium back. I tend to steer clear of colored products. I get bored of quickly and regret whatever color I choose, so I stay with black usually.

Last edited:

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I won't be getting the black. It's either silver or blue now. I'm leaning more towards silver. It would look good with my white/silver iPhone 5 :)

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
I won't be getting the black. It's either silver or blue now. I'm leaning more towards silver. It would look good with my white/silver iPhone 5 :)

Since you already have the white iphone 5, go for blue. iPods are much more fun in color. :D

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
You're probably not as neurotic is I am, but I'd go for the silver just to keep things consistent with the iPhone. Consistent, consistent, consistent—oh, and repetition. :eek:

narutoninjakid

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
New Jersey
If they made the other colors with a black touch plate I would go for them. I hate the white panel on the front it's distracting so far all of my iOS devices have been black.

ikev85

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2012
I went with the black/slate as i really don't like the white front on iOS devices.

Had they had a black/blue option i would've opted for that.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I decided to go for a blue iPod Touch. Thanks all for the replies :)

Dannel

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2013
Although you have made your decision, I still want to say that I like the black one more :D

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
My iPod Touch 5 is the silver one and I recently saw the slate and black version and I kinda regret getting the silver, the black one to me is so classy looking while the silver one is gorgeous looking I guess I'm not a huge fan of the white front as right now it kinda looks yellowish (fading).

Blue is nice but it's not available I would have either gone Blue, Yellow or Black, the Silver iPod was the only one available in 32 GB.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I was on the fence between the White/Silver and Black/Slate models. I eventually went with the silver as a change as every other iOS device I've owned has been black front. Second reason which pushed me were the reports that a lot of slate iPhone users saying that when scratched hard enough, the slate comes off to reveal silver beneath. Saw this in person with someone's iPhone 5. Figured this must be the case with the iPod too, so I decided to stick with the silver.

Looking back now the slate does look a tad sleeker, especially with the device powered off. However, looking at new screenshots of iOS 7, white front may look better and pay off in the end. I'm sure black front looks geat too though. To each their own!

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I had a blue one. It wasn't the colour that I wanted but I got it because it at the store they only had blue or yellow in 64GB. I gave that one away to my cousin and bought another last week. I thought I'd like the pink but when I saw it at the apple store I didn't like it that much. I went for the white and silver this time as it will match my iPad mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.