PDA

View Full Version : I've learned something about macs...

Daedalus256
Nov 17, 2005, 11:28 PM
Since the time I got my powerbook earlier this year, I've fallen in love with macs. I love them so dearly now. And I've come to learn something...

BUYING MACS IS ADDICTIVE AS HELL!

I have my amazing Pbook 15" aluminum which I use more than my PC now and well I bought a PowerMac G4 for $150 and now I want a Pismo! Is this normal? I think I have a problem. Someone help!

yenko
Nov 17, 2005, 11:38 PM
Since the time I got my powerbook earlier this year, I've fallen in love with macs. I love them so dearly now. And I've come to learn something...

I have my amazing Pbook 15" aluminum which I use more than my PC now and well I bought a PowerMac G4 for $150 and now I want a Pismo! Is this normal? I think I have a problem. Someone help!
You're way beyond help! :D

What you need is more money!! :eek:

katie ta achoo
Nov 17, 2005, 11:53 PM
Woah! a G4 tower for $150!

I bow down to your deal-finding skills, for they are better than mine!

/Gross
//I paid like.. $500 for my iBook
///and I paid with DIGNITY for my PB
////so I'm out like... eleventy billion grand
/////Can't buy dignity!

thecow
Nov 17, 2005, 11:56 PM
I will graciously volunteer to help with your Mac buying addiction. All you have to do is give all of your money, credit cards and bank accounts to me and you can't buy any more Macs. It's foolproof!

Daedalus256
Nov 18, 2005, 12:00 AM
I'm really glad that all I have is a debit card. If I had a credit card, there would probably be a $2000-$3000 charge on it from buying a quad G5 right now.

Also did I mention that I got the Pbook that I'm using right now (in my sig) for $1000? Oh yes I find the best deals.

dmachine
Nov 18, 2005, 10:31 AM

I know exactly what you mean, if I could afford it I would but every Mac that is available right now. I got my PB right after the latest revision and now I just bought a G4 dual 867 MDD,1GB RAM,Radeon 9000 64MB AGP,60GB & 80Gb HD, combo drive for $640. I cant wait to get it even though it is a few years old. Buying Macs is very addictive.

Arcus
Nov 18, 2005, 11:12 AM
I know what you mean. Im on EBay as I type.

Seriously...

zap2
Nov 18, 2005, 11:15 AM
Oh yes I find the best deals.

Find me good deal on a G4 Tower or a iBook ClamShell :p :)

Daedalus256
Nov 18, 2005, 11:57 AM

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/sys/112144427.html <--there's a G4 Tower for ya. Still working on the ibook. :D Why would you want a Clamshell anyway? Oh right because buying these things is really addictive :)

wheezy
Nov 18, 2005, 12:16 PM

My friend has a green clamshell he's willing to part with...G3 300mhz I think? Something like that, with a whopping 128MB of RAM. Oh yeah.

alien
Nov 18, 2005, 12:16 PM
I wish I had a couple extra zero's at the end of my salary. I'd be buying tons of apple products.

I think it has to do with the how small the mac community is. You're pretty much a die-hard fan if you own a mac. There's no middle ground I don't think.

iEdd
Nov 18, 2005, 03:17 PM
Woah! a G4 tower for $150!

I bow down to your deal-finding skills, for they are better than mine!

/Gross
//I paid like.. $500 for my iBook
///and I paid with DIGNITY for my PB
////so I'm out like... eleventy billion grand
/////Can't buy dignity!
Can somebody get this girl some dignity!!!!!111!! :p

Daedalus256
Nov 18, 2005, 09:01 PM
Oh holy crap I totally forgot! Someone I know is selling a G4 Tower, 500mhz, 512MB RAM, 16mb gfx card, for $100 because it has no hard drive. If you're interested I could email him for you.