PDA

View Full Version : Powerbooksicle

livingfortoday
Nov 18, 2005, 12:31 AM
Some background: I leave my Powerbook on my desk next to a window, and it's been around 20 degrees outside lately in Chicago.

Well, this morning I forgot my window open, and when I got home in the afternoon, the laptop was freezing to the touch. It had actually been left folding, and the fan hadn't even come on. Nice cooling.

Anyways, now my trackpad is acting funny. Half the time it won't recognize it when I try to move the cursor around, and sometimes it will only work under a lot of pressure. I'm assuming this is because of the cold... does anyone know of a solution to this? Has this happened to anyone before?

Lacero
Nov 18, 2005, 12:40 AM
You weren't afraid it might get stolen? Wow.

I don't fold with my PB -- I don't think it's really meant to be used in that way, but I guess you could let in thaw in regular room temperature with the battery removed.

Are you typing on it now?

livingfortoday
Nov 18, 2005, 12:42 AM

Well, I live on the second floor of an apartment complex, and there's no real way up. Also, there's a screen on the window, and my shades were drawn, so no one could see it, or that the window was open, probably.

But the cold could still come in!

livingfortoday
Nov 18, 2005, 12:43 AM

I don't fold with my PB -- I don't think it's really meant to be used in that way, but I guess you could let in thaw in regular room temperature with the battery removed.

Are you typing on it now?

What the... when I replied to your post a second ago, none of that extra stuff was on there! And it doesn't say you edited it! How odd.

Yeah, I'm on it right now. It types fine, and it's heated up from regular use since then, but the trackpad's still actin' funny.

Counterfit
Nov 18, 2005, 01:54 AM
If you edit within a certain time, I think it won't show that the post has been edited.
Anyways, you might want to let it warm up slowly, which has probably happened already. There's a chance it got wet from condensation.